Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

LSD & handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSD & handling

I'd like some details on PERSONAL experiences with those that had some kind of LSD transaxle and taking it to a road race/autox course and/or spirited driving around corners, etc. I'd like to know your experiences with how the LSD reacts in taking curves/corners at high speeds and please STATE what suspension mods you have too.

I know LSD will increase traction on take-offs, however they could cause you to "push-out" on corners...but perhaps with a lower center of gravity and better suspension it may help cancel this affect out and actually cause you to be able to take corners/curves harder under acceleration??

Please advise...thanks.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 09-23-2005, 01:53 PM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

92 accord ex
    JDM H22
    Tein SS
    ST rear sway
    ES poly bushing master kit

I drive like a maniac at least for a small portion of my commute everyday.
    The lsd literally pulls you through the corner. I've had people ride in my car and be amazed at the extra grip available. [passanger drove a 99 H22 prelude] I used to brake into the corners, now at cruising speeds I acclerate into them. No wheelspin in the corner. I can usually get all 4 wheels screaming if I enter the corner a little hot.

Unfortunately I have to track/autox on this setup, still waiting to get a few bugs out.

LSD = teh win.
    members/ride | the/website
    180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

jdm h22, m2b4 h22 tranny with stock LSD, lowered on eibach sportlines :

i adore driving with it. pulling through turns you have surprisingly much more control, you pull into it and it just holds so well that you get to accelerate through it.

i dont want to overexaggerate but its really a significantly noticible difference, i love it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

THANK YOU guys SO much!! Both of you are awesome, I honestly was not expecting such good responses. I trully appreciate it!!

Awesome, I'm set on getting a M2B4 JDM H22 5spd LSD, sweet.

If any of you guys know where I can find this transaxle in good condition, let me know. I'm interested in getting one eventually.

Thanks.

Comment

IM using a quaife lsd ive had no problems with it i can take corners as hard as hell when i want. YOud be mazed at sometimes how people spend this and that that for a car and not handle in the corners like they say it should.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
            Awesome, I'm set on getting a M2B4 JDM H22 5spd LSD, sweet.
            good. if youre looking for a tranny, it would definately be worth it to spend the bit more and grab one with an LSD.

you can buy one from hmotorsonline, or probably any of the other JDM motor importers... they are swimming in trannies and motors lol...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

fuck that when you wanna hold some real power !QUAIFE!

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                fuck that when you wanna hold some real power !QUAIFE!
                You got the power to validate a Quaife (I like them too, but it's probably overkill for what I need). Thanks for your input though.

For my application I'm fine with a M2B4.

BTW, I have an M2B4 lined up already I work quick!

Comment

Great news! Glad to hear it, from what I hear from friends of mine who drive LSD cars, they say it rides like a dream. I'm sure you'll love it. Keep us posted!
                  2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                  JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                  My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Originally posted by TheTempest
                    Great news! Glad to hear it, from what I hear from friends of mine who drive LSD cars, they say it rides like a dream. I'm sure you'll love it. Keep us posted!
                    Keep posted on my allmotor white project thread

Comment

"confidence inspiring" is the best way i can put it.

Comment

Originally posted by irishone
                        "confidence inspiring" is the best way i can put it.
                        good choice in words...I like

Comment

lsd is one of the best mods and most notable in any car and thats the straight truth now it also depends on what style is right for you there are plate style (kaaz) and gear style and so on my best experience with fwd lsd is gear style (quaife) it will give you uch more confidence and in my opinion they are one of the most noticable mods you can do except for oodles of power but in even a stock application they are the shit now no flaming please cuz i swear by quaife but ive got several budget minded friends that have been goin down the OBX route and after reading all the problems with the bseries guys i followed proper installation procedure in measureing and then replace bearings and such and ive got three friends that are rockin out with these they are basically a copy of the quaife and i even heard theyre are made there but if your budget minded try it out

Comment

Originally posted by AsheCb7
                            lsd is one of the best mods and most notable in any car and thats the straight truth now it also depends on what style is right for you there are plate style (kaaz) and gear style and so on my best experience with fwd lsd is gear style (quaife) it will give you uch more confidence and in my opinion they are one of the most noticable mods you can do except for oodles of power but in even a stock application they are the shit now no flaming please cuz i swear by quaife but ive got several budget minded friends that have been goin down the OBX route and after reading all the problems with the bseries guys i followed proper installation procedure in measureing and then replace bearings and such and ive got three friends that are rockin out with these they are basically a copy of the quaife and i even heard theyre are made there but if your budget minded try it out
                            Yea I'm familiar with how differentials work, I build them. Unfortunately for SUV/truck applications. Anyhow, I plan to get the stock LSD offered in the JDM H22, not an actual Quaife brand. Any reviews on the after-math from your friends on the OBX LSDs?

Comment

sorry for gettin back late heres the deal the obx one works for all my friends and no probs yet after about half a year with one drivin very hard and two of then have had them for about three months and not drivin so hard and as far as im concerned the jdm trannys with lsd is actually a quaife made unit for honda from what ive heard not sure if its true

Comment

Working...
                              X