Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

CHR Motorsports Budget F22ax Portwork $660

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHR Motorsports Budget F22ax Portwork $660

I have spoke with Jeff at CHR Motorsports on a budget portwork idea that offers a cheaper package that concentrates on reconditioning the head and exhaust portwork only. The F22ax has pretty good intake flow in stock form. However, the exhaust ports are restrictive and have more potential for improvement. This is a CB7TUNER FORUM EXCLUSIVE deal!

Please post up on this thread if SERIOUSLY INTERESTED. I want to get an idea or this package deal will be terminated.

F22ax Budget Exhaust Portwork Only - CHR Motorsports:

www.chrracingproducts.com >> contact: Jeff Fredenburg

- Clean, reassemble, 3-angle valve job, resurface (taking that the guides and valves are in good condition) >> $300
    - Taxes on machine work >> $40
    - New OEM valve seals >> $35
    - Porting on the exhaust only, with flow data & photos >> $285

Total = $660

** Customer to pay shipping both directions. Send only head with valve springs, retainers, valve locks remaining installed. No valve cover, rocker arm assembly or camshaft. **

Example F22 CHR Flow Data - Focus on Exhaust Only:

HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Originally posted by ExCoupe92 View Post
    I'm very interested in this. I just need Jeff to check my stock valvetrain and I will be set! I'll be ready to ship in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for arranging this Cisco
    He can have his machine shop check this, but that may cost a bit extra. He did it on my red Accord F22 portwork back in the day. Contact him via email, which is on his website. He just had the site redone, it's nice!

Please mention my name is doing business with him. I arranged with Jeff this package specifically for people on a budget that want some type of headwork done. Take advantage of this offer NOW or it will be terminated!! If no business comes of it, it will be gone!

www.chrracingproducts.com

Comment

Wow, good deal. I remember how much you raved about this guy when you had him do your work, Cisco! Thanks for getting such a great deal for us! I hope people will jump on this. $660 is a lot of money, but to anyone that is serious about building a strong street F22A, that's as good as they're going to get for quality work!

People need to remember... to build a motor like your Red car had, all they need is bolt-ons, a tune... and this. (Maybe some ARP rod bolts would come in handy...)

Comment

thats a good labor price for a reputable place who you know would do good work. noice

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Bump, spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by liljohn92lx
            ruff guess on shipping for the head, trying to get the rest of the money up for shipping......will he also port match the IM to the head???
            I forget how much for shipping the head, package it up and go get a quote. Sorry, but I can't remember.

Also, this package includes exactly what I stated in the first post. You will obviously pay extra for anything else you add on top of this. He is after all cutting us a deal already. When someone gives you the shirt off his back, do you ask for the pants too?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
              Also, this package includes exactly what I stated in the first post. You will obviously pay extra for anything else you add on top of this. He is after all cutting us a deal already. When someone gives you the shirt off his back, do you ask for the pants too?
              my bad i guess i didnt clearly ask what i was wanting to know, i know it is going to be more money i was just wanting to know if he would also do this wile he had my head there. did not know if it was something that he had done or would be willing to do. ...i know that is why i was intrested in this deal. but anyways i sent him a email asking what i wanted to know about the portmatch and pricing on that.

sorry if you thought i was trying to get somethin for nothin (thats not me) im a firm beliver in you get what you pay for.
              oh and thanks for trying to help ppl on a budget cause not everyone has a grand or two just lying around for this type of stuff.

Comment

CHR is capable of portmatching intake and/or exhaust ports. They can also port the intake manifold and portmatch it as well. All this for extra cost to the package price obviously.

Comment

I really hope this is not another case of many people being "all talk, no action".

Affordable portwork with actual performance benefits has been a complaint by many of you, yet I have not heard feedback from CHR that people have taken advantage of this. This would be truly depressing, if this is the case. If you do not support your CB7 market, it will eventually NOT support you or any of us!

If you are in works or have taken advantage of this CHR deal, then post up!

Comment

You know this forum, Cisco. All talk and no action. It's just the way it is in the cb7 world.
                    Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-05-2009, 02:14 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

When I read peoples post about turbo kits and other expensive packages for their cb7 i know they want to see results then dream about it. I know that wea are in a reecession but damn spend to play.
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-05-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

By the way, this is a good deal for true portwork on a F22 head. It is not doing the intake, but will yield great benefits as our stock exhaust ports are the major restriction.

This is not some DIY so-called "portwork", but the real thing. Also, you will have a reconditioned head with reassembled valvetrain ready to install. This is a deal, those that don't realize it have NO idea on anything performance related. This is perfect for a budget mild NA or forced induction builds.

I'm telling you, the ONLY way you will get a better deal that this is if someone you know that is a professional head porter, cuts you a deal. That is the bottomline.

Anyways, if this yields nothing, than this is probably my last attempt at trying to help the "CB7 community" with networks that I have made. People are all talk and when the ball is finally in your hands...nothing....and the buzzer goes off. Game over, you lose. I have seen this happen many times when others have tried to help out the community as well, I can sympathize with them.

Comment

If I weren't broke I would be all over it, as I have yeamans' old head with a mild port on the intake already. How long will we be able to get this deal for? If its around for awhile, ill still do it.

Being in college sucks.
                          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                            If I weren't broke I would be all over it, as I have yeamans' old head with a mild port on the intake already. How long will we be able to get this deal for? If its around for awhile, ill still do it.

Being in college sucks.
                            It'll be around until Jeff at CHR and I have a talk and he deems it not worthwhile, retracting his offer. That is the entire reason I made this thread and people need to get on the ball. I would suspect for as long as this economy remains this way, he will still honor this offer, but when it picks up it more than likely will be gone.

Comment

Well I'll be all over this once I find another job, I have been collecting parts for my F22 build for quite some time. Just posting here to show my interest, if this deal passes me by I'm not gonna be heartbroken. Thanks HondaFan for setting this up for us.
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X