74 or 194 LEDs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

74 or 194 LEDs?

Does anyone know where I can buy big LEDs like 12 volt 74s and 194s? I want to do my dash in LEDs but I don't feel like wiring in resistors there. I wired resistors and 5mm LEDs into all the switches and they look good, but my dash being green makes all that work seem pointless.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

http://autolumination.com

i did mine. i put all blue bulbs, superwhite still looked green.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

that's cuz the buttons and gauges themselves have an aqua coating built into them

My members ride thread

Comment

hey accordztech you got a picture of your gauges? i wanted to put white in too but theres that stupid aqua filter

Comment

I appreciate it Accordztech, I've had my gauges out on my desk now for quite some time waiting so I could do this. I wanted to do it right too so I didn't settle for less. Glad you came through. Do you have any pictures of the bulbs on your car?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

well dudes there is a bluish thing in the back there. the only way to get color is either use red or pure blue to not have a green color. im not sure about other bulb colors.

so what i did was order some blue bulbs from that site and now my dash shines slightly blue, and the over head lights that light up the needles and stuff are hyper white.

phatdohnut or whatever his name is put red in there and its pretty nice.

so also on the climate control i used hyper white bulbs, they shined blue like my dash.

its like a soft blue, kinda navy color...at least it aint no green! eww

no pics though just imagine
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

wait u put hyperwhites in the climate control and it came out bluish? crap i wanted that to be white

Comment

hehe yea, they wont come out white cause there is a blue thing in there....as mike told me.

so now mine is blue

but if u take it iapart mike has told me it worked..but u break a few things, contact cpmike. hehe

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Accordztech, I looked on that site and added up everything I'd need to complete my gauges and it was like $42.50. That's pretty expensive. Does anyone know of any other sites that sell the 74 and 194 LEDs? These look like good products, they're just too expensive. I appreciate the find though. I NEED new sites!

Comment

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...gi?product=CAR <- they have the cheapest automotive LEDs ive seen.. havent been able to find a cheaper place yet.

about the climate control, you can make it light up white by pulling out the blue plastic filters from behind each of the buttons. but that requires pulling the button faces off from the front, from the BOTTOM EDGE... which breaks the clips holding it on. the buttons stay on pretty well once reinstalled, but they kinda get loose... you could always superglue them back into place once you pull out the blue filters.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Awesome Mike, I appreciate the find on those LEDs. Are they a pretty easy company to deal with?

Comment

hell yeah mike i've been lookin for some decent price leds for a lil min thanks.....you wouldn't happen to know where i can get some 10k-12k mcd leds?
                        I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

no problem

http://www.lsdiodes.com/ this is the site I always deal with when buying individual LEDs. they arent setup in a bulb shape, so they dont directly fit into the car... each one needs a resistor, and it needs to be soldered in... but they are cheap. the guys who run the site are great, ive ordered from them a bunch of times with no problems at all. If you click 5mm, thats where they have their brightest LEDs (12000mcd white, etc)

Current cars:

Comment

hey mike what size leds are in the climate control for the indicator lights for each button ? 3mm or 5mm and could i just swap those out for white or blue leds or would i need to take filters out?

Comment

the indicator light above each climate control button is a 5mm LED.. but ive always installed 3mm ones, its the same thing. and no, there is no filter

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                              X