Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting a 2 unit DVD player an screen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting a 2 unit DVD player an screen...

Ok, I got a DVD player with an external screen (rather than a one-piece jobber). The player is in and working fine, but I don't know how to get the screen in there! The mounting kit I have is for a single unit, and the other half of it is too small to accomodate the screen unit.

Are there dual-unit kits out there? If so, where can I find one?

I'll just create my own if necessary... but I'd rather use a real kit to make it look clean!

I'm sorry if this has been covered. I'm breaking my own rule and asking before doing a detailed search...

accords are double din so the screen should fit in there just fine shouldnt it??? or is that not what you were asking???
    ..[CB7][STAR]..
    MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

you should be able to use a metra 99-7801
      FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
        Thanks, I'll check into that.

Accords are double din, so there is room. There is a bracket down low that seems to keep something from going in, but I believe that can be removed. My issue is the mounting kit. I can shove 2 units in there, but they won't be held in place. I want something to make it look clean, and not have my cd player whack me in the fingers when I'm racing!

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
          ...even the part number.

deev, looks like hes right, this is what you need:

http://www.audio-discounters.com/99-7801.html

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

And only $10 too!

I love the fact that if I ever have ANY question regarding my car, someone on here can help. You guys rock

Comment

Yo dude its suppper easy, i was worried at first when i bought an external flip out also cause both stacked ontop of eachother didnt work until i noticed.

when you look @ the hole where the deck goes there is a 1cm lip that hangs down where the mounting kit you buy for a single din holds onto on the inside of the dash.

get a utility knife and file/cut it down, until u can fit both cage's in together.

note there is NO mounting kit needed as both the decks together are a double din slot,so there wouldnt be room for a kit, also just attach both cage's together and bolt it in with a backstrap from both units,

few pics showing it is possible with no kit since it wouldnt fit.

Last edited by 1loudaccord; 07-27-2006, 10:00 PM.

Comment

So does the plastic bracket or whatever thats down there need to be cut out or does it unbolt in some fashion? I am in the process of installing an Alpine monitor and a seperate DVD player like you guys are doing and noticed all of that plastic down there.

Member's Ride

Comment

If you have an aftermarket mounting kit for your current stereo, the little cubbyhole thing underneath should just pop out.

There is a metal bracket on the inside. I'm assuming that comes out to accomodate a double setup?

Comment

Yeah that bracket inside the dash is what I was wondering about?

Member's Ride

Comment

theres a little plastic bracket under the dash you will need to trim down so both units slide in,

its the bracket which would hold in a single din mounting kit

Comment

Working...
                      X