ATTN electrical heads, need help on wiring signal lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTN electrical heads, need help on wiring signal lights

i don't know if this has been covered before.. but here goes.

when the headlights are on, the front corner and bumper lense blink alternately when signalling (bumper, corner, bumper, corner, etc). the bumper blinks in sync with the rear signals, the corner is the alternate.

- i was thinking of tapping the corner into the bumper, but they use different bulbs so that may cause a problem?? also, if i did that, the corner signal bulb would not be always on w/ the headlight, as it is now.

- then i thought about tapping the bumper into the corner, but then they would not blink in sync with the rear signal.

my question is... is there any way to safely wire it so that both front signals blink in sync with each other, AND the rear signal light also? so there would be 3 lights blinking all at once when signalling?

yes all u have to do is cut the power wire off the corner light, the cut the bumper light power wire and run a feed to the corner light and spice into the housing and ur do.

so when ur done the corner light will have a free wire coming from the fender so tape it off.

i think ur best route is to make ur bumper lights in to fog lights, and have ur corner light blink with ur tail light, then add some sidemarkers or mirror l.e.d.s

Comment

disconnect the bumper lights from their original harnesses, and hook up relays to the corner lights and use them to click the bumper lights on and off in sync with the corner lights. splicing the bumper lenses directly to the corners will not work (ive tried).. theres not enough current to run both.

if you do this, because the bumper lights are disconnected (as far as the car can tell), youll get hyperblinkers. you can change a resistor in your blinker relay unit to slow it down, or you can buy one of those heavy duty resistors that you use when using LEDs for blinkers (which also is a cause of hyperblinkers).

there was a guide on here a while ago for hooking up a potentiometer in place of the resistor in the relay unit, so you can adjust it to whatever speed you want. this is the same as buying a hyperblinker kit from ebay, but it gives you the option of slowing it down as well.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        disconnect the bumper lights from their original harnesses, and hook up relays to the corner lights and use them to click the bumper lights on and off in sync with the corner lights. splicing the bumper lenses directly to the corners will not work (ive tried).. theres not enough current to run both.

if you do this, because the bumper lights are disconnected (as far as the car can tell), youll get hyperblinkers. you can change a resistor in your blinker relay unit to slow it down, or you can buy one of those heavy duty resistors that you use when using LEDs for blinkers (which also is a cause of hyperblinkers).

there was a guide on here a while ago for hooking up a potentiometer in place of the resistor in the relay unit, so you can adjust it to whatever speed you want. this is the same as buying a hyperblinker kit from ebay, but it gives you the option of slowing it down as well.
        so by doing this, i won't have a bumper light at all?

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
          so by doing this, i won't have a bumper light at all?
          i gave you a method to do what you asked for (all blink in sync), why would i be telling you a way to make your bumper lights not work at all?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
            i gave you a method to do what you asked for (all blink in sync), why would i be telling you a way to make your bumper lights not work at all?
            i just thought that because you mentioned disconnecting the bumper lol.

would it be possible to tap a wire from the rear signal and run it alllll the way to the corner?

Comment

new idea:

can i wire the corner signal to the parking corner (so they both just stay on, without losing brightness), and just have the bumper as a front signal? would that be legal?

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
                ... and just have the bumper as a front [turn] signal? would that be legal?
                No.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

i think it would be legal because think of all those cars that have no corner light, i think as long as your bumper signal light and rear signal light works, your good.

Comment

This thread should be in Appearance/Lighting.....
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X