To much bass HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To much bass HELP

Hello, I have a 91 accord dx. I have 2 sony 10 xplods and a sony 1200 watt amp. Alpine cda 9851 and 4 5 1/2 alpine speakers. I was wondering what I could do to have more hi's. Should I add more speakers please help.

id say leave the 5.5's in the back, and get a good set of components up front, so you have the low/midrange in the stock location then mount the tweeter somewhere cool, like the top of the door panel.

also, turn down the bass haha! just because you have an amp and subs doesnt mean the bass needs to be turned way up, id say just use them to have nice smooth bass. then use the equalizer to help even it out to your liking...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

^^Exactly, how many OHMS you runnin at?

Comment

Each sub is 4 ohm load to each channel of the amplifer. 2 channel amp.

Comment

if u got enough bass like u say you do, just get beymas for the door panels, and 2 EV's for the back

set up im going with is

2 12'' Alpine Type X
          2 10'' Ev (for High's)
          2 beymas(door panels)
          1-Hifonic 2000 watts Class D Amp for Bass
          1-800 watt amp for the highs

This shit should Hit Hard

Comment

2 beymas(door panels)
            Can you give me some more info on this please
            Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

You could also get an amp to push your mids and tweets if you don't have one already...

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                You could also get an amp to push your mids and tweets if you don't have one already...
                uh yeah, that would most definitely be the wisest course of action...why do people get on here and say that the man needs comps and all that stuff...he may not need that, but he certainly needs to power the speakers that he does have to their RMS potential

Comment

Turn down the gain on your amp. To set it properly, first adjust the deck so the bass output is at 0. Then, turn the GAIN on the sub-amp all the way off.

Next, pop in your favorite cd, or something with similar audio qualities (i.e. bass/mid/high levels) Crank it up until the mids and highs start to distort a bit, then back it off a click or two. Then, go back to the amp and turn up the gain until the subs are loud, and in proportion with the output of the mids and highs. You have just set your sub gain to match the rest of your system.

This is how I started tuning customer cars at Magnolia Audio/Video when I was a shop installer, trust me......it's simple yet effective.
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

when i had mine, all i had was an alpine deck, 4 pioneers for components, 2 dubs12 and a 400rms audiobahn amp...and all i did was set my bass to negative 2, treble up to as high as u want and jack up the volume.
                    my friend has a 800rms poweracoustik and my system pretty much ate his alive. i guess its how u hook it up and how u set it.
                    one way i learned was to cut off ur amp, cut up the treble as high as u wanna go and then jack up the volume to the highest u want, cut up ur bass from ur cd player as much as u want to come out of the component speakers, then go to the back and set ur amp to the bass amount u want...don't know if u understand that or not lol

Comment

Originally posted by accordoholic
                      Hello, I have a 91 accord dx. I have 2 sony 10 xplods and a sony 1200 watt amp. Alpine cda 9851 and 4 5 1/2 alpine speakers. I was wondering what I could do to have more hi's. Should I add more speakers please help.
                      amp the alpines...it makes sense, if you amps ur lows (subs) then apmp ur mids and highs (speakers)

Comment

As far as the bass...dude...turn it down.

But yea, amp everything. If you can, get an EQ too...I'm looking for one w/parametric sub controls.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

On the amp note I just got an alpine sp240 4ch amp that is 50wX 4 at 2Ohms and 40wX 4 and 4Ohms with alpine 5 1/2's and 5x9's in the deck (no sub) and all I can say is WOW.... No need for an eq. I don't have a headunit since my clarion got stolen (no sub either) and the sound is fully clear, through the whole range. For $144 for the amp I am thrilled, It's way more sound than a head unit. Headunits only pust about 7-14w rms power so yeah 40 rms each up to 360ttl watts compared to say 10w MAYBe up to 200w ttl deff amp up you'll get more sound.
                          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I agree. Amplify your mids/highs and you should have no problem with your bass over-powering your top end. I'm running 2-12" audiobahn subs at 700watts RMS a piece with a MTX 1000D amplifier and I got a 400watt 4-channel amp running my top end.

I like my women like I love my cars, built for comfort and speed........

Comment

Too much bass<<<<<there is no such thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X