carputer touchscreen + dvd receiver??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carputer touchscreen + dvd receiver??

Ok, i've been looking at going the route of a carputer, using a mac mini, in the dash.
    what i want to find, and I don't know if they make anything like this is a high end DVD receiver/ flip out screen Single DIN with a touchscreen that could be used to control a computer. I know i can get a touchscreen to work with a computer, but i really want one integrated into a dvd receiver, and then the mac mini would go in the other DIN

anyone know anything about this?

thanks

dan
    The CB7 Timeline

I dont think they make what you are looking for. The only thing that comes to mind is a Xenarc flip out touch screen but still you will need to add a dvd player. I would get an external dvd player and put it in the glove or make a custom bezel and fit it where the radio is.

Comment

actually, i don't care about the DVD player, now that i think about it, i don't need that, or even a CD player, but it would have to be a flip out touchscreen computer interfacable screen, with a good audio receiver built in (3 sets of preouts, good eq etc)
      The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Ok if you are building a carputer using the Mac mini you wont need any pre outs on the flip out. What you should do is get the flip out touch screen and use the mac as your reciever.
        You will need an amplifer or a deck with aux inputs to make things work.

Comment

i suppose i could just use the mac mini as my preouts, and go to an amp from there, but i would like to have a deck more, to split it up into 3 different preouts, but maybe i could just use an eq in the glove box

good thinking.
          The CB7 Timeline

Comment

my setup: touchscreen with VGA input in the dash, PC under the seat... USB dvd drive hooked up to the PC, which will play video/audio to the screen (so you dont need a special screen with integrated DVD player)... then the line out of the PC goes to the aux input of my headunit. (btw dont anybody ask to see pics, its only half installed into the car, im still configuring the car PC in my house)

i figured that way is a better setup than trying to use a screen with integrated dvd so you dont have to try to figure out how to get both the PC and dvd player connected to the amp and whatnot... just run it all through the PC, and pass all audio through the headunit... so in case the PC is off, you still can listen to CDs.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

check this link out and you might fine what you are looking for carputer
              JDM H23 VTEC PROJECT
              JDM H22/F22/H23/B18 PARTS FOR SALE
              91 Accord Sedan Ex Mulberry Pearl Red (GAVE IT AWAY) Turbo
              91 accord Ex wagon Green (SOLD)
              92 Accord Lx (SOLD)
              92 civic sedan Lx (SOLD)
              93 accord Ex wagon Frost White (parting out: SOLD)
              07 Fit SSS (Traded)
              07 FG2 Si Sedan (Traded)
              05 Honda Pilot EXL Pearl White
              97 Honda Odyssey LX W/Sunroof Pearl White[/B]

http://1facewatch.com/

Looking for a referral and planning on switching to Cricket Wireless

Comment

THis has been done a few times. Go search www.mp3car.com and you'll find everything you need including many installations of teh mac mini exactly as yo describe it. You also need a special power converter and a few other things.

GL and take pics of your progress.

X

Comment

Working...
                X