Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing 5th gen speakers (same as 4th )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing 5th gen speakers (same as 4th )

i believe they are the same for removing the rear speakers.. neway i got 6x9's back there and i removed the cover,, i noticed the speakers are held in with some odd type of screw.. the kind i dont have a screwdriver for eh... seems to be some type of hex screw or star shaped.. i had a stardriver but it didnt fit, was a size too big.. wondering if aynone had this problem before

u could try wedging a normal flathead screwdriver between two of the star's spokes, it works as long as the screw isnt in too tight.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i told u its a hex screw...if not do what cp mike told u...thats what i told you as well.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ok once u remove the speaker cover, there should be like a 8 mm bolt holdin in the rear speakers. i done this all the time if it ain't no 8 mm bolt under the rear deck holdin the speaker in then some 1 changed out the screws and bolts. from what u r tellin me its a hex screw in there and u just need 2 find the right size thats all.

Comment

you do know thats its a 5th gen right?

haha xplode, go to sears, buy a set of hex screws....when ur done..return it haha...just say u got the wrong ones
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
            you do know thats its a 5th gen right?

haha xplode, go to sears, buy a set of hex screws....when ur done..return it haha...just say u got the wrong ones
            yea i know it a 5th gen.

Comment

haha ok, the thing is, his pops is the origional owner who didnt touch the screws...so thats why im thinking....how is it hex...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
              X