Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Button Keyless entry

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a Key less entry system that only has one master button (lock and unlock), with a horn and Indicators output, so that when i lock and unlock it beeps and flashes, don't need any alarm functions as i think they're a waste of time.

Any input? i've been looking but can only find two button Remotes.

also, the reason i want one button is because i want a very small remote, large remotes are annoying when im driving.

Thanks!
    sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

you want oem security then. it has a 1 button remote but its probably larger than the newer stuff.
    COUPE K24

Comment

these are super hard to find nowadays. Most people sell "alarm" systems. What you want is specifically a "keyless entry" only system, they are simple and extra cheap (in price, not quality). Ive bought a few of them (i might have a couple still in the garage somewhere) that were about $12 a piece, and they always include the horn/light flash output option (that's not just an alarm thing). I think they just stopped making/selling them as often because anybody who usually buys keyless would be wanting the extra alarm functionality, which cost barely anything additional for them to add to the device, and they get to sell it for more.

if you manage to track one down, just be aware that you will almost never find one with a single button, besides the original OEM one. A single button leaves you uncertain whether or not the locks are locked or unlocked. Every aftermarket kit I had seen (I spent a lot of time searching, and picking ones that had small remotes - rectangular ones, instead of the big round ugly ones that are so common) all had 2 buttons, and occasionally a third button (for trunk)

I will see if I can find one of my extra ones for you, its deep in my years-old pile of car parts at the back of the garage somewhere...

Edit: they seem to be common on ebay again. There is a chinese version that there are a million clones of. It is a 3-button remote that I've never seen before. Cheap - you might want to consider it.

Edit: you can also get an ALARM and just disable the alarm functionality? I noticed some of the super cheap chinese alarms come with simple/cheap/small remotes with only lock/unlock buttons, without any extra trunk/panic/function buttons.
      Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-14-2016, 02:11 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
        these are super hard to find nowadays. Most people sell "alarm" systems. What you want is specifically a "keyless entry" only system, they are simple and extra cheap (in price, not quality). Ive bought a few of them (i might have a couple still in the garage somewhere) that were about $12 a piece, and they always include the horn/light flash output option (that's not just an alarm thing). I think they just stopped making/selling them as often because anybody who usually buys keyless would be wanting the extra alarm functionality, which cost barely anything additional for them to add to the device, and they get to sell it for more.

if you manage to track one down, just be aware that you will almost never find one with a single button, besides the original OEM one. A single button leaves you uncertain whether or not the locks are locked or unlocked. Every aftermarket kit I had seen (I spent a lot of time searching, and picking ones that had small remotes - rectangular ones, instead of the big round ugly ones that are so common) all had 2 buttons, and occasionally a third button (for trunk)

I will see if I can find one of my extra ones for you, its deep in my years-old pile of car parts at the back of the garage somewhere...

Edit: they seem to be common on ebay again. There is a chinese version that there are a million clones of. It is a 3-button remote that I've never seen before. Cheap - you might want to consider it.

Edit: you can also get an ALARM and just disable the alarm functionality? I noticed some of the super cheap chinese alarms come with simple/cheap/small remotes with only lock/unlock buttons, without any extra trunk/panic/function buttons.
        Ive already thought about all of those options, but i found another option that might even be better,

Its basically a smart key setup, where when you walk up to the car, the FOB unlocks the car when your within 2 metres, and locks when you walk away. ive found one place that sells it as just a fob only, its unfortunately a little bit big, but i think the simplicity of not pressing a button might be nice.

its called passive keyless entry, heres a quick video of what i mean:

Ignore the power button stuff and alarm stuff, i want none of that, just the passive keyless.

The only issue is that a thief could potentially use a transponder booster by Extending the range of my FOB and unlocking the car with it, but a 92 wagon doesnt look like the sort of car to have it so im not worried

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
        you want oem security then. it has a 1 button remote but its probably larger than the newer stuff.
        id love to find the OEM wagon stuff, but its extremely hard to track down as its different to the sedan.
        Last edited by lbus9168; 03-14-2016, 08:53 PM.
        sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

should still work. i found an oem security in the jy today. just needs the remote to be ordered from honda.
          COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
          X