trim back to black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trim back to black

if your trim is not black and look a crappy gray go out and get some stuff called back to black i use it on my cb and iy only took like about an hour to do the car all round and it went from really bad to almost totally black

pe@ce

wat is back to black???
    where do u get it???
    my ride

Comment

Originally posted by FaMoUsBaDbOi
      wat is back to black???
      mother's back to black
      where do u get it???
      pep boys, auto zone, napa...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=black

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Couldnt agree more. This stuff works miracles. I use it after every car wash. Just make sure your careful and dont get it on the paint.
        1991 Black Accord Coupe
        Sprint Lowering Springs
        Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
        Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
        17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
        TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

ohhhh aight
          thnx guys
          again i learn summin new on this site
          my ride

Comment

I hadn't noticed much problem with this on the 4th gens, (that is bad enough that its turned almost white), but this product or Foreever Black would almost be required for any USDM 3rd gen.
            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33
              but this product or Foreever Black would almost be required for any USDM 3rd gen.
              quote notorious for having white mouldings...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i used to use this stuff a long time ago, but then graduated to painted moldings. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I actually don't care for Back to Black at all. I have a bottle, but I rarely use it. I find it doesn't give a good shine or really last for any length of time.

The two products I tend to use the most are:

Meguiars Gold Class Tire Protectant

It's primarily used for tires, but I find it works excellent for our moldings, as they're a weird material/texture. It also lasts considerably longer than any other product I've used.

I also use Trimshine by Stoner:

It also gives good results, but its very pricey for the amount you use, and like Back to Black, it doesn't last long.

Comment

This is what I heard the VW crowd uses/used on the A2 Golf/Jetta '85-'92. You know the ones with the large unpainted bumper covers:

http://www.topoftheline.com/bumtrimrec.html
                    '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                    EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                      I actually don't care for Back to Black at all. I have a bottle, but I rarely use it. I find it doesn't give a good shine or really last for any length of time.

The two products I tend to use the most are:

Meguiars Gold Class Tire Protectant

It's primarily used for tires, but I find it works excellent for our moldings, as they're a weird material/texture. It also lasts considerably longer than any other product I've used.

I also use Trimshine by Stoner:

It also gives good results, but its very pricey for the amount you use, and like Back to Black, it doesn't last long.
                      good to know. i'm not pleased with back to black as well. i have to put about 3 coats on my door moldings as they are so weathered and cracked. and you're right, it doesn't last long at all.

i'll give this stuff a try.

i'm hoping to have my moldings painted when i get my car painted.
                      "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

I've been pretty happy with my routine. I've used "old" brake fluid (open for more than a week, so I'm sure it's holding water) on a rag to carefully wipe down the moldings. It does a great job of removing darn near anything that gets on them. Then I wipe them down with Back to Black.

So far, it's yielded decent results. Make sure you clean the moldings before using any shine agent - it makes a big difference.
                        I swear, eventually I'll run out of things to break.

I guess I was wrong... I broke it all. Died 10/29/06

Comment

Originally posted by crewfish13
                          I've been pretty happy with my routine. I've used "old" brake fluid (open for more than a week, so I'm sure it's holding water) on a rag to carefully wipe down the moldings. It does a great job of removing darn near anything that gets on them. Then I wipe them down with Back to Black.

So far, it's yielded decent results. Make sure you clean the moldings before using any shine agent - it makes a big difference.
                          Careful with the paint.
                          SuddenCb7 - 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

Comment

My $0.02...

I put Goof-Off (solvent/stripper) on a rag and then go over the trim where it's faded. The solvent will take off the first bit of the trim and you'll get new plastic exposed which is much darker. You'll lose texture and I'm sure this isn't particularly good for the trim but it restores it to a darker color and you can then hit it with Back to Black or whatever.

Don't forget masking tape to protect your paint. Don't use too much solvent, you don't want the whole trim melting. You could also probably use sand paper to get the exact same result.

If I get a chance, I'll post pics. I did this on a few pieces of trim about a year ago and they still look much better than the parts of trim I didn't do this to.
                            - Ghosty
                            WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
                            FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                              Same here. Might as well use Armor All. My black door trim and black door guards look like crap.

Ghostyman, I think you're correct in that you have to get down a layer in the plastic somehow. These parts are sun-faded, and spreading something on top can't bring back the black. Painting seems to make a lot of sense.

On the other hand, if your black plastic trim pieces are still OK then one of these products (or perhaps just good old fashioned wax) might protect them from the UV rays or whatever it is that makes plastic fade.
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                              X