Driving/fog lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving/fog lights?

Ok, I recieved my projectors yesterday, and In hopes of making my drives a little more tolerable, I wanted to get those fog lights/ driving lights you see these days. They come in circular shapes, ovals, squares, etc. They also come in ion yellow, white, bluish white, angerl-eyes, etc. What is best fo me? Also, what is soo good about the piaa stuff? I think I saw a 55w piaa set at autozone. Also, what watts shouldI get? I wanna get this before I install the headlights, so I take the bumper off once..install the headlights, fog/driving lights, and neon tube..now, I gotta decide if I am gonna cut taht middle cross-bar out, and place mesh grill behind it or not..

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

oh, man..no one!?

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

you get what you pay for... PIAA is known to be an awesome brand, people always love their stuff... so spending the money on the PIAA's ull probably definately be pleased... but they are expensive. if you go for the $10 sale special, expect them to be pretty sucky...

once you pick what level of light ur gonna go for, then picking the shape i guess is just preference.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

well, what level of light should I go for? I am hoping to make up for some lost light from teh projectors. Also, I believe it's the piaas on a 19.99 sale..

-A. Swift
        CB7 member number 137

Comment

Shameless plug....

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=8241

You will not have to cut anything if you use the piaa 1000 series lights. I used to have some PIAA 1000's on my car.

Comment

i refer you to this thread :

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=8225

more specifically, this link here: http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/ - read up on auxiliary lighting, it's literally a 3 minute read.

in short, fog lights don't direct their light in the same area as that of the headlamps. their purpose/function is different- headlamps/headlights cast their light down the road ahead of you, say 10 feet and beyond, while foglamps/foglights cast their light up to about 10 feet (five or take). great fog lamps will not compensate for crappy headlights.

lighting gurus xplode, usc, and perhaps 93accordex may chime in, as they are much more knowledgable than i in this area.

suffice it to say, you lost a lot of quality going from stock lamps to projectors that the fog lamps will not compensate for.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Hence something like a driving light is called for! Hmm.... something made by a quality manufacturer, with an unbeatable lifetime warranty... a super white light output. Perhaps the piaa p-1000 would fit the bill nicely...

Now if there was only someone selling a set...

That would be perfect, wouldn't it?

Comment

i ma not trying to shoot as far as headlights, but jsut light up the road a little more..

-A. Swift
                CB7 member number 137

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty1638
                  i ma not trying to shoot as far as headlights, but jsut light up the road a little more..
                  i think you're missing my point... you'll light up the road, but it's not the part of the road that your headlamps would have been lighting up.

you'll see the road better directly in front of the car... but down the road will look like crap because your projectors are putting out crap.

i'm not saying that fog lights/driving lights are a bad thing. the ones prez808 put up are a great pair... but again, they won't compensate for your projectors.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

driving lights are really meant to enhance high beams, because they are pretty intense. Most of the time your local law enforcement won't enforce it though

I drove around for 10 years with my yellow driving lights, and never got pulled over once.

Comment

alright i thought id chime in on this one.. Driving lights are a different type of beam from a fog.. A fog is meant to provide foreground light for about 10 feet. the foglight is a Wide short beam.. a driving light is meant to shoot the beam very far.. almost as far as the average headlamps. they spread a very far and powerful light.. a foglight is more suitable for daily driving where a driving light.. is off road use most of the time ONLY.. fog can be any time because the beam pattern will not "dazzle" oncoming drivers

Comment

Working...
                      X