HID Fuse Melt's shit! *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID Fuse Melt's shit! *pics*

So I opened my bros hood to check the Oil and I look at my HID wiring and I look a the fuse and it's completly melted away! Wtf!
    I tryed to pull it out but its all melted in there. But the bulb still works. Which is hella weird.

Know how I could get another one of those things to make an inline fuse? or link me to a site? Im not happy.

What would cause this and how can i fix it?

autozone. that fuse has been OWNED by maple wiring. lol

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Why was it hooked stright to the battery

Will's Accord

Comment

i believe he hooked it up str8 to the battery because the relay on the headlight were too weak to power up the HID. but seenin that the FUSE melt. fuse arent suppose to do that. so i'm assumin you put a fuse that is too strong. replace it with a lower number.. if it pop too quickly bring the number up. but not close to the number of the fuse that just melt.
        DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

your suppose to I belive? where else are you going to attach it too?

Comment

its possible the HID kit or something in your car is grounding out.
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I connected mine to the headlight wires and had no problem.

Will's Accord

Comment

omg, dude.... i didnt know you wired straight to the battery!

That's probably not the best idea. Wire it into the headlight harness like everyone else.

Comment

dang that sucks.At least the hid pieces are okay.Maybe consider making a proper harness for it.def not directly wiring to battery....

Comment

arent you supposed to wire directly to the battery? they are controlled on/off by the headlight harness, but get their actual power from the battery. thats how you hook up foglights and DRLs and such.

somethings probably grounding, id pull the wiring back out and make sure its all clean and taped up, and make sure the ballasts arent damaged at all. autozone has new fuse holders, cut the old one off and splice a new one in, and be on your way..

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      arent you supposed to wire directly to the battery? they are controlled on/off by the headlight harness, but get their actual power from the battery. thats how you hook up foglights and DRLs and such.

somethings probably grounding, id pull the wiring back out and make sure its all clean and taped up, and make sure the ballasts arent damaged at all. autozone has new fuse holders, cut the old one off and splice a new one in, and be on your way..
                      Well essentially yes.But Ideally you should have relays on the harness .Thats to my understanding from researching on hidplanet.

here you go:

"Not only does the relay deliver more power to the load than could be efficiently achieved with a dash or column switch and its associated wiring but the dash switch and wires can be smaller, lower cost and have longer life owing to the minimal heating and arcing that results from switching, carrying and interrupting only 1/4 Amp."
                      Last edited by flyinlow; 10-05-2006, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]

x2

and definitely a huge cha-ching on the fuckin' stupid responses in this thread advising AGAINST drawing power off the battery. How about you guys go try it your way, and then see how well your stock headlight harness holds up?! That nice crispy smell you'll get right afterwards surely WON'T be shake-'n'-bake

Comment

Most everything on the car is drawn from the battery.......All I was saying is that it didnt sound like maple put much thought into how he wired the hids up and that he would have been better off making a harness to accomedate the juice to power up the hids.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                            x2

and definitely a huge cha-ching on the fuckin' stupid responses in this thread advising AGAINST drawing power off the battery. How about you guys go try it your way, and then see how well your stock headlight harness holds up?! That nice crispy smell you'll get right afterwards surely WON'T be shake-'n'-bake

I've run 2 different brand HID kits, on 2 different cars with 2 different bulbs (9006 & H4)... both work just fine, never melted anything or overheated.... bulbs always turn on.

They're designed to be hooked up normally.... hence the "plug n' play" in the description.

Comment

Yes they have relays and mike is right. The plug for the headlight is already used by the bulbs and that makes the light goes on. But yeah Ill fix it tommrow

Comment

Working...
                              X