Red/Clear Taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red/Clear Taillights

I just got some new Red/Clear Taillights for my 1990 Honda Accord 4dr EX, but I have a slight problem. The main light (the two bigger pieces in the four piece set) doesn't have the little holes to put the bulb through, instead you woul;d have to put the bulb directly into the light. Any suggestions on how or where i could place the bulbs behind the bigger pieces of the taillight. Thanks

u mean the wedge bulbs? id disguard those. just use the normal lights.

unless im not hearing u right
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

are they clear at the top or at the bottom?
      according to what your civic haha

Comment

red/clear taillights

Originally posted by cb7coupe
        are they clear at the top or at the bottom?
        Their clear at the top and red at the bottom.

Comment

Re: Red/Clear Taillights

Originally posted by accordex_1990
          The main light (the two bigger pieces in the four piece set) doesn't have the little holes to put the bulb through, instead you woul;d have to put the bulb directly into the light.

i have red and clears but have no idea what yer talkin about. is the coupe and 4dr lights different?

S A N D I E G O

Comment

Yea those bulbs should be the 7743/7744 bulb, I have no clue what your talking about with the wedge bulbs :/
            No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

there is a wedge in 91 models...it lights up part of the side...i have it.

i think in 1990 models too
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Re: Re: Red/Clear Taillights

Originally posted by phonts69

i have red and clears but have no idea what yer talkin about. is the coupe and 4dr lights different?
                nope for 90-91 coupe and sedan have same tails
                U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

red/clear taillights

The thing is that i have no wear to place the bulbs that light up the lenses. Its looks like the lense doesn't have that sucket you put the bulbs in.

Comment

I think he is saying that the red/clears didn't come with the main rear socket housings (white) that have the wires and bulbs etc. I believe you will need to remove this piece from your oem lenses and mount it to the red/clears to make it complete. If not I have no clue what you are saying.
                    ________
                    RITALIN REHAB DICUSSION
                    Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 09:37 AM.
                    無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

Originally posted by accord4thgen
                      I think he is saying that the red/clears didn't come with the main rear socket housings (white) that have the wires and bulbs etc. I believe you will need to remove this piece from your oem lenses and mount it to the red/clears to make it complete. If not I have no clue what you are saying.
                      riiiight...
                      is that what yer talkin about? coz those light dont come with the socket housing. u have to use the ones thats on yer oem ones.

S A N D I E G O

Comment

Yeah thats all I could think he meant. You think you would be able to tell they aren't complete!! LOL
                        ________
                        LovelyWendie99
                        Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 09:37 AM.
                        無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

red/clear tailights

Thanks for all the feedback I figured somehow i would have to modifify something on the light to make it work. But instead of using the socket housing from a oem tailight could I use it from an altezza tailight?

Comment

take pics. your confusing us all
                            MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
                            i pulled over and looked under the hood.
                            the engine was still there...
                            ...silly light!

Comment

Re: red/clear tailights

Originally posted by accordex_1990
                              But instead of using the socket housing from a oem tailight could I use it from an altezza tailight?
                              im not too sure that you could... altezzas dont have bulbs in the same locations as the OEM (and red/clear) taillights. if you got rid of your stock tail lights, you are probably gonna have to find a junkyard or something to pull the backs of the lights off.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X