how are amber corners "JDM"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how are amber corners "JDM"?

i was looking at some hondas on used japanese cars.com (straight from japan) and every car (civic,accord,inspire,prelude...ect ALL had CLEAR corners or you know one pieces with clear corners. well my point is i rock the amber corners thinking it's "JDM" and don't get me wrong i like how they look but it doesn't seem true jdm seems more like clear corners are more "JDM" does anyone have pic's of cars in japan with stock amber corners? how are ambers "JDM" when all i see over there is clear corners????
    CiRcuS kiNgZ

yea ur corners arent true JDM, idk where the amber = JDM thing came from but i have em and i like the way they look look for ATX or timmyotool for some real JDM corners

Comment

it may have started when the company "vision" started producing amber colored corners for the 92-95 civics

Comment

i was just wondering cuz i never see ambers on japanese cars kinda seems like a usdm thing
        CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

its just a cheesy USDM marketing plot... same as when they sell projector headlights as "JDM BLACKHOUSING PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS" - they are far from jdm... cheap american made leaky housings is what they are. the term JDM gets people to buy them, people think they are buying into the JDM styling (which has recently been the "cool" trend)

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
            look for ATX or timmyotool for some real JDM corners
            Me and Phatty always get left out... *<sigh>*
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

cause u never post.. and phatty is well.. .. (looks at yearbook post) hahaah

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

yeah your right CPmike, you know it's funny when you go on ebay and use the search and type in jdm "whatever" when you get the results EVERYTHING says jdm, like jdm cupholder or jdm lightbulb, ashtray and so on.... come to think of it projectors arn't really jdm either
                CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Anyways... They aren't JDM... they are sort of JDM style... but...bleh...

Although phatty's are JDM Amber corners... but that's a story for another time...

kmart is right... they are purely inspired by the JDM Vision amber and smoked amber corners for 92-95 Civics...
                  RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Yes we do always get left, out and i never post because well ive been pissed off at everyone lately.

and Yes the Jdm amber corner idea came from the amber Vision jdm corners for civics.
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                      Me and Phatty always get left out... *<sigh>*
                      ATX and timmyotool always have their cars in their sigs, u guys dont

Comment

Working...
                      X