Wagon back seat in sedan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagon back seat in sedan?

I was just wondering...I want headrests in the back. Anyone know? I imagine there's problems with the fold-down latch, right?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

according to TheFlooredAccord, the seat bolts in, and its a 60/40... like only 60% of it folds down. he said he had no problems putting it in. get him on AIM at ThaFlooredAccord his name is Jay, ask him how it went.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i just went out and looked at my moms wagon and i don't think it would fit in my car :s but if you do it i want some pics! because i will for sure do that. with some teg headrests in the back too
      COLBALT CB7 2NER # ?

Winnipeg HAVOC Member: kNate

Comment

damn. 5 years down the track since the thread started... but i was wondering the same thing the other month.

ive been using the search function but this was the only thread that existed that would relate to my inquiry. if you guys are still around, please let us know of anyone that pulled it off.

thanks

Comment

yeah they are still around. Id like to see it on a sedan too.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

There is a bracket mounted to the car for the 6o/40 split. I think if you put a bolt through the seats it would hold. But you need to figure out how to lock it the back of the seat so it dosnt fall forwar every time you hit the break

Im trying to do this the otherway around in the next month. I have 94-97 sedan seats and im making custom mounts to fit in my wagon.
            NEW PSN
            H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
            RIP

Comment

mark, if you want a hand with making brackets for the seat we can make an afternoon out of it in my garage. maybe eric can bring his welder over and we could make a few sets of brackets at the same time in case other ppl want to try the same mod.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                mark, if you want a hand with making brackets for the seat we can make an afternoon out of it in my garage. maybe eric can bring his welder over and we could make a few sets of brackets at the same time in case other ppl want to try the same mod.
                Sounds like a plan. Lodollar wants to help too, waiting for him to get back to me. Im thinking about, maybe making a crossbar that I can remove if needed. I have the center lock, so the back of the seat locks when closed. That need to be welded on. Maybe 2 brackets welded to the strut tower, and the a crossbar thats removable.
                NEW PSN
                H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                RIP

Comment

thanks guys, ill let you know how i go myself. will be going ahead and grabbing an aerodeck back seat.. or should i say seats.

Comment

woot i cant wait to see it, anyone know if you can put sedan back seats in a coupe BTW?

Comment

i went down to the junkyard this afternoon and found some rear seats off an aerodeck. I then propped the cb9 back fold down seats i found, into my car and my thoughts unintentionally came out -loud, "aw f*** this is going to be a heap of work!!"

the only good point i noticed which i never knew before was that the front and rear headrests are interchangeable which meant i could always replace the rears with another spare set of cool angle adjustable front types.

among other things, i didnt like that the rear head rests of a wagon sit further apart from each other than the front seats of my sedan which looked strange.

by the time i finished a long run of optimistic ooh's and aaah's i couldnt justify the man hours it would take at home to make this work.

i concluded that im better off going to a pro-shop and asking them to shave flush the current sedan rear headrest humps clean off and retro fit a spare set of front headrests.

i finally now know why this thread was left alone for all these years. thanks for all you support anyway guys. cheers

Comment

From what I remember...the wagon seats are narrower than the sedan. The sedan has those two extra pieces on either side of the seats that the wagon doesn't have.

You're going to need to figure out a way to find trim to work as well.

Comment

thats right, the sedan has side boulsters(spelling?).

that is what i noticed. so if you include these unmovable boulsters, the width of the sedan seats are wider than the wagons. so if i did end up bolting in the wagon rear seats, there would be a noticable gap on either side. not sure what i would do then. ah well, ive lost interest now but still on the lookout for cb3 rear sedan seats with adjustable headrests. edm ftw
                          Last edited by nicko; 03-12-2009, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Answer: Acura Vigor seats, apparently (and believably) they are a straight swap, front and back. And they are readily available pretty much at any junkyard.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                            X