No announcement yet.

what to to expect when removing dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i started on mine last week but while doing it i notice theres things i would need that are on the dash
    like the cigerette liter, dont smoke but i still need ot for like pwoer sockets, g-tech and stuff like that. i thought if i pull the dash out then the dash would just come out, but theres brackets and more that will come out with it also, so i decide not to and just yanked my door panels out....lol

im gona do a custom job for those. something different and that weights hardly nuffin.

yeah when i first took my back seats out i found all types of stuff even a India coin, with a queen on it.....ofcorse i looked it up on the net to see its value but it was nuffin, its a coin thats still being used today. the guy i brought my car from is Indian.

but hey, u all finding toys and stuff, count that as weight reduction...lol
    Last edited by theone; 12-05-2003, 02:18 PM.
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

haha exactly, I believe i reduced the weight of my car like 20 lbs. just from stuff i have found and taken out of it.. not that im going race like that but i suppose it is still useful
      Attached Files

Comment

hey bro i love your bodykit bro thats the r33 right. I always wanted one of those kits.

Comment

getting ready to tackle my dash this weekend and put in a new dash harness... I'll post up what I find
          OS^e
          1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

I removed my dash when I first bought the car to hide my alarm brain. Never again.... . At least the alarm brain is practically inaccesable.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
              I removed my dash when I first bought the car to hide my alarm brain. Never again.... . At least the alarm brain is practically inaccesable.
              That's genius to put it in there!

I hate taking my dash off......man is it a pain in the butt!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
              91 accord lx (5spd)
              92 accord lx (5spd)
              93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

yo guys i have removed it and i have pics also when i built up my race cb7
                here

and when i was putting it back in all done up
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

hey thats doesnt look all that baddd! when i pulled the dash on my first lude, it look fugly and then on my stang it looked worse. the only thing that scares me about doing shit like that is that i always seem to loose little pieces that make it go back in crooked or not as good... just be careful with the little parts and u'll be good.

Comment

i like this pic of my car:

[img]http://www.****.com/eventphotos/interior%20and%20mount%20swap%2011-16-04/view_from_trunk.jpg[/img]

and just to go along with this really really old thread, heres a pic of my removed dash:

[img]http://www.****.com/eventphotos/interior%20and%20mount%20swap%2011-16-04/no_dash.jpg[/img]

and if any of you re-read this thread i talk about wanting to swap to grey... well i ended up swapping it... like a year ago... lol

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i just finished removing my dash and re painting it last winter its not a big deal at all it was fine lotta wires but if u just label em all with masking tape u should be fine my bigeest problem was finding where two wireing harnesses went then realized they clipped into the steering wheel it was a peice of cake dont go into it thinking its hard once its all out u will look at ur interior and think u are never gonna get it all back together but u will and if u need help with anything im sure i can show u whats what better then any manual below is a pic of my dash take a look and see for urself

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...54_32_full.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X