Car PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car PC

I'd like to see if some of us did a car pc setup on his car. I'm planning to do one soon has i can get a job and get some money. Here's a good website for car pc

http://www.mp3car.com/

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...-carputer.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...-carputer.html

the last 2 links are cb7 with car pc anyone got some here ? Post pics please ...

I really like the last link. I hope you'll get around on doing it, I want one, too. Besides the usual music, video, gps, I want some sort of database where I can log all service data so when I need to retrieve it, it's easily available.

Comment

A CarPC with a fusion brain centre would be a pretty awesome project. Good luck and write a log here when you do it!

Comment

my computer company now sells in car pc's for the arkansas state patrol look like a damn shoebox just need to buy a in dash monitor or a in car tv the system has vga, dvi and we have an air mouse to go w/ it or you can go media center and have remote along w/ wireless keyboard. this is what im doing w/ my 91 s10 project. buying the pieces slowly but surely
        h23a3 lxinks

Comment

I had a computer setup in my cb. Unfortunately I only took one pic before it got stolen lol. I'll post the pic later I'm on my phone now.

Now that my sound system got stolen too maybe I'll build another one.
          Last edited by PUMASTi; 09-18-2008, 03:32 PM.
          1993 Accord EX
          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Here's my setup.

1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

i have the major components for a CarPC setup, but i havent had the opportunity to install it yet. im hoping its something ill be able to do while the car is down for the winter.

the main CPU is a 1.2mhz "voomPC" fully featured mini pc in an aluminum heatsink case. fits perfectly under the driver seat. it uses a solid-state CF memory card as the boot drive, with a 20gb mini IDE HDD for data/music. also includes preconfigured auto-timed 12volt power supply, which automatically boots/shuts down the PC based on certain conditions within the car's status.

the screen is a 7" widescreen Xenarc touchscreen LCD, and its actually VGA(high resolution computer monitor) not generic low-res Video.

ive mocked up an idea of how its going to be mounted, but ultimately i plan to fiberglass it into the dashboard, but that may wait until its all set up and working first.

[img]http://****.com/pics/screen_dash.jpg[/img]

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

looks to be a good setup show more pics when you have it installed fully
                h23a3 lxinks

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                  A CarPC with a fusion brain centre would be a pretty awesome project. Good luck and write a log here when you do it!
                  What do u mean by fusion brain centre ?

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
                    Here's my setup.

Nice man any day pics , i cant see lol

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                      i have the major components for a CarPC setup, but i havent had the opportunity to install it yet. im hoping its something ill be able to do while the car is down for the winter.

the main CPU is a 1.2mhz "voomPC" fully featured mini pc in an aluminum heatsink case. fits perfectly under the driver seat. it uses a solid-state CF memory card as the boot drive, with a 20gb mini IDE HDD for data/music. also includes preconfigured auto-timed 12volt power supply, which automatically boots/shuts down the PC based on certain conditions within the car's status.

the screen is a 7" widescreen Xenarc touchscreen LCD, and its actually VGA(high resolution computer monitor) not generic low-res Video.

ive mocked up an idea of how its going to be mounted, but ultimately i plan to fiberglass it into the dashboard, but that may wait until its all set up and working first.

[img]http://****.com/pics/screen_dash.jpg[/img]
                      my plan looks like your . I ' ll buy a lilliput 7 inch with a desktob computer that i'll make a custum plastiglass box with neons ! I planed to do like you with the screen but i'll place it where the oem radio is . So i wont need to moove anything it 'll fit perfectly !! just waiting for about 300$ and i'll get this done ! All is planned except the place to put the oem radio ! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                        Nice man any day pics , i cant see lol
                        Like I said in the post before that. Those were the only pics I took before it got stolen. The Monitor was an In-Dash motorized VGA touch screen and had 2 extra channels for RCA video input and one channel for a backup camera. I wired a dell computer to it using a power inverter.

The only thing I never completed was the sound because the radio I had at the time didn't have any AUX inputs.

Everything was stolen one time my tranny took a shit and I had to leave my car in the streets of NY.
                        1993 Accord EX
                        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Man its so bad to ear ... will u get an in dash or normal 7 inch touch screen if u do an other setup ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                            What do u mean by fusion brain centre ?
                            Here you are, sir!
                            Link

It's basically a signal processor. You get various sensors and the brain will send outputs accordingly. It's guided by a linked PC and can be used in home and car situations.

So like let's say you had a cabin air temperature sensor in your car, which can be easily had. You have that signal run to your fusion brain centre and it then sends an appropriate signal, which you program through the carpc, out to your a/c system. Bam, automated climate control!

The possibilities are pretty much endless. Grab a solar sensor and have your headlights turn on at dusk. Have your audio amplifier power wires run through an ammeter (I think the brain can do this) and have your fusion brain centre give an audible alert when amperage nearly reaches your fused maximum.

You get the idea.

AND SCREW YOU CP[MIKE]. I swear you're reading my thoughts a couple years in advance. It seems like every time I think up a potentially unique mod, you've already collected parts and mocked it up.

Comment

Wow looks awsome idea but costy !

Comment

Working...
                              X