What flushmount is this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What flushmount is this??

People have said EG9 but I think it looks different. Anyone have any knowledge on this flushie?
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Looks like a vigor flushie to me. Though I could be wrong.
    Last edited by dysfunk; 03-26-2012, 01:22 PM.
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Kaminari 92-93 LED wing

That is a rare 92-93 Kaminari flushmount spoiler. All I gotta say is goodluck finding one too. Kaminari is a OG bodykit maker that made some nice stuff for our accords however most of them have been liquidated and are not available anymore.

There are websites claiming to sell these kits for our CBs but most are just "cached" or haven't been updated in awhile. Unless the company has some of these Kaminari parts as dead stock....then you will never find them.

I made a thread a few years back about trying to acquire the non L.E.D 90-91 version of this wing. Basically it looks like a CB7 OEM flushmount without the corner tails and flares upwards like a Legend flushmount. Kaminari of Nevada sent me a Del-Sol wing on accident as the part #s were off by just one number. I complained and returned the item only to find out from a worker there that they experienced a warehouse fire and the original mold has been destroyed.

They offered me the 92-93 version like above but now a majority of the parts has been phased out. If you really want this wing you could try calling the Nevada site and see if they have the old mold laying around still... but a lot of the distributors like bodykits.com groundeffects.com etc won't sell anything from Kaminari except whats on their page.

If you get lucky and talk to a rep. there that will take time to do research for you, who knows? maybe they still have that mold sitting on their shelf in their warehouse that they could sell you. If you acquire that and have the knowledge and skill to fiberglass you could probably make some and sell them.
      I do warn however in this economy.... people are too broke to pass up even a great deal on a used flushmount for $150-200 range and people will never want to spend anything higher than $100 if that when they don't consider cost of materials and labor.

90-91

92-93
      Last edited by Warudakumi; 03-26-2012, 02:38 PM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
      1994 Prelude V-Tec
      1999 CL 3.0
      2000 Prelude
      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
        That is a rare 92-93 Kaminari flushmount spoiler. All I gotta say is goodluck finding one too. Kaminari is a OG bodykit maker that made some nice stuff for our accords however most of them have been liquidated and are not available anymore.

There are websites claiming to sell these kits for our CBs but most are just "cached" or haven't been updated in awhile. Unless the company has some of these Kaminari parts as dead stock....then you will never find them.

I made a thread a few years back about trying to acquire the non L.E.D 90-91 version of this wing. Basically it looks like a CB7 OEM flushmount without the corner tails and flares upwards like a Legend flushmount. Kaminari of Nevada sent me a Del-Sol wing on accident as the part #s were off by just one number. I complained and returned the item only to find out from a worker there that they experienced a warehouse fire and the original mold has been destroyed.

They offered me the 92-93 version like above but now a majority of the parts has been phased out. If you really want this wing you could try calling the Nevada site and see if they have the old mold laying around still... but a lot of the distributors like bodykits.com groundeffects.com etc won't sell anything from Kaminari except whats on their page.

If you get lucky and talk to a rep. there that will take time to do research for you, who knows? maybe they still have that mold sitting on their shelf in their warehouse that they could sell you. If you acquire that and have the knowledge and skill to fiberglass you could probably make some and sell them.
        I do warn however in this economy.... people are too broke to pass up even a great deal on a used flushmount for $150-200 range and people will never want to spend anything higher than $100 if that when they don't consider cost of materials and labor.

90-91

92-93
        That is excellent info reps given. Now with the mold and fiberglass skills would you happen to know what all goes behind the led strip on the flushmount? I am assuming that you would have to get an aftermarket led thing and retro fit it to the flushie?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post

90-91

92-93
          This is crazy. Looks awesome!

Comment

I saw a Kaminari accord the other day, I wanted to leave a note, I've come across at least 3 in my lifetime and they have all been white, I wonder if its the same one moving around lol.
            1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

this is my first time seen a flushy like that. wish i would come across one so i can just try to buy it off the person and try to make replicas and hustle them.
              AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
              JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

The old Kaminari factory was in BK, my friend lives around the corner from it. Closed down unfortunately

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

There was a kaminari bumper for 90-91 CBS in eBay not long ago.....

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                  My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                    The old Kaminari factory was in BK, my friend lives around the corner from it. Closed down unfortunately
                    ask your friend to sneak into the factory to check if there were any left behind

^MRT^

Comment

I see a CB around here rockin the kaminari kit but he doesn't take care of it, sad really. It's also white

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                      BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                      Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                      CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Oddly enough, I saw this on Saturday.

Along with a pair of side skirts. I wanted to ask the driver if she was interested in selling them, but she never looked over at me.

Last edited by SanJoCaF22DrAcc; 04-29-2012, 10:31 PM.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Super rare find~ I woulda stalked that car to try ad get them!

8 Accords so far:
                          '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                          '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                          (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                            Super rare find~ I woulda stalked that car to try ad get them!
                            The feeling is mutual. I am hoping to come across this car again very soon.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                            MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

HAHAHA look what i spotted today.

Comment

Working...
                              X