jdm headlights sticking out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm headlights sticking out

I installed some 92-93 jdm 1 pieces on my 90-91 and now thy stick out about half an inch pass the hood. My old 90-91s never did this. What could be wrong?

here are some pics. The eyelids done make them stick out either.

I wouldn't really say anything is wrong its just that the headlights are actually different. 92-93 headlights protrude more near the bottom while 90-91 have a flatter effect. Check it out

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
      I wouldn't really say anything is wrong its just that the headlights are actually different. 92-93 headlights protrude more near the bottom while 90-91 have a flatter effect. Check it out

but i've seen 92-93 headlights and they fit flush with their hoods

Comment

In that case have you tried adjusting them? That's the only other thing I could think of.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
          In that case have you tried adjusting them? That's the only other thing I could think of.
          how would i adjust them? Would it be like adjusting the direction of the beams? I bolted the lights perfectly to the car. All the bolts went in smoothly. Should I Just take the ones closest to the center off and see if it moves deeper in? I noticed that the holes to adjust the beams in the rad support were off by half an inch also.

Comment

Maybe you put them in the wrong holes?

I know the bottom of the headlights are different for 90-91s and 92-93s... there's something else at fault here

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

To adjust the headlights there are 2 types of adjustment; vertical and horizontal. Since yours are sticking out on top, I'd mess with the vertical adjustments. Just make sure to aim at night, so you could get those beams right. You'll naturally have left hand flare though.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

ive seen that before. the top bolts holding the headlights in have room for play... did u push them all the way back before tightening them in? not sure why that happens, i assumed the one i saw had an aftermarket hood

you could also try loosening the hood hinge bolts and pull the hood forward a little bit, to help make up for the gap haha.
                Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-27-2007, 12:28 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

If it makes you feel better the 92-93 jdm 1 pieces stick out on Joey's wagon too.

*edit*
                  The top bolts have no room for play, they were pushed all the way back before being tightened.

Comment

did u notch off the corners from the lower inner brackets? a Dremel will save your life

Originally posted by Originally posted by cpmike
                    when i installed my 9091's, the bumper wouldnt fully sit against the car until i cut part of the mounting bracket off, seen in the pic below. i cut along the red dotted line (dont mind the red circle). i guess i should have used a dremel, but it wasnt outside with me, and i had a pair of wirecutters in my hands from when i did wiring... so i cut the plastic w/ them compare the brackets from the jdm headlights to ur stock ones when they finally arrive, and see if you do in fact need to make the cut.
                    [IMG]http://www.****.com/pics/jdmheads/cut.jpg[/IMG]
                    DEVOTE

Comment

I dont remember if the notch was cut off. BUt could that be the culprit? My bumper fits fine under the headlights, no gap and it seems that the piece closest to the center is out the most.

blahhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks long for chiming in on the top bolts. I had no idea what mike was talking about aha

Comment

hes saying on the hinges on your hood that connect to the car you can loosen them and pull it forward. thats what i did with my cf hood. i loosened the bottom bolts on the hinge and scooted my hood more to the front.

Comment

well i played with the hinges that are attached to the hood and then the bolts attached to my car. The bolts that attatch the hinge to the car have a lot of room to pull foward, probably half an inch. Once i pulled everything foward. It only got rid of probably 1/4th the gap. And then it looked like my hood was mis aligned with my fender near the corner light; where the fender ended the hood went down another 1/4in I didnt like the look of that and it didnt even really take out a lot of gap so I moved it alittle back. Before my hood was 1/4th" above where the fender ended, now it fits flush. I guess I solved one problem.

Comment

to bump this back up, i think i came across some info that may help answer your question.

i have a 9091 car, bumper, grille, and headlights. its got a 92-93 hood. and look what im dealing with. i cant be certain because the car had been in an accident and things arent 100% straight, but notice the headlights and grille line up with the bumper, yet the hood still hangs over... it seems like a very plausible explaination. the hood lines up with the fenders.

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/91ex/000_1574.jpg[/img]
                            Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-28-2007, 10:17 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i have a 9091 CB with a 9293 front end, but 9091 hood, everything lines up.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                              Honda Accord Euro-R
                              Honda Odyssey Absolute
                              Honda City I-DSi
                              Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                              X