paint for brake drums & calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paint for brake drums & calipers

i'd like to paint the brake brackets in the front and the ones in the back(the back ones are not with disk)
    so what kind of paint shoud i use the paint the brake brackets???
    should i use dupli colour or any other paint.
    where doi find them.
    sorry about the stupid questions but when it comes to painting i am a noob.
    thanks.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

don't you mean the caliper? and they have special "caliper paint" spray cans, it may be dupli-color too, just check out your local car store and ask a guy there, im sure they could help

as for painting them, there's probably directions on the can, and after that if you have any futher questions i know 97lude painted his calipers black so you might want to PM him for some advice
    Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
    Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

just make sure you dont paint your rotors

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
        just make sure you dont paint your rotors
        lol that is funny.
        thanks for the reply guys.
        if u know the answer of this.
        how many cans would it take to paint the front ones and the back ones on 90 accord ex. back ones are not disck ones.

Comment

Depends on how many coats you want. Considering they should be smooth, and clean, when you paint...you should only need about 2 coats each.

What color you doing? I think black looks good on drums.

Edit>> One can should do it, but buy two. Then return one if you don't use it.
          Last edited by Slateboy; 06-03-2004, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Found this for ya.

http://auto.snowsuperstars.com/paint.html

Comment

i think i will use green or red or yellow. i don't know yet. first i got to find the paint then i will see.

Comment

You can use hi temp paint...typically the engine block paint has a 500 or 1000 degree limit.

For the drums just take off the wheel and cover anything you don't want overspray on (don't forget about the lugs)

For the discs use some newspaper (make sure your rotors are cool) slide them under the rotor and caliper and mask off or tape off anything you don't want sprayed.

Easy as that, 2 cans should be good
                No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

why would it matter if you got paint on the rotor? It'll come right off once it's dry and you drive it for a little bit. Lugs wouldn't really matter much either as long as you didn't leave the nuts on there, and your lug nuts don't leave the ends of the studs exposed.
                  91 accord lx, ebay intake, koni rsk kit, 17's, clear corners, red clear tails, and a type r lip when I'm not in Pullman

Comment

Originally posted by biggy7213
                    why would it matter if you got paint on the rotor? It'll come right off once it's dry and you drive it for a little bit. Lugs wouldn't really matter much either as long as you didn't leave the nuts on there, and your lug nuts don't leave the ends of the studs exposed.
                    i was wondering if somebody was going to ask... it was kinda a reference to this guy who completely coated his rotors in red paint... like thick enough that it wouldnt just scrape off during first use. but yeah some overspray on the rotor shouldnt hurt it.
                    Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-07-2004, 01:27 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Damn what a dumbass

Anyway what color is your car? I think painting it the same color as the car (if its red or black) looks nice, otherwise go with red or black anyway. I think green or yellow would be too gaudy (like too show-off-ish). I would mask off the rotor and studs if possible, you do want it to look professional, right ? An even better idea would be to take the calipers off and paint them, that way no masking, and you could replace your pads while your down there (NO PUN INTENDED ). That way, you could do a really professional job, like sand em down and all that stuff.
                      -Josh

1996 Accord EX Coupe 5-speed

Comment

if your gonna paint your brake claipers and drums i would use just the paint used specifically for that shit. i used hight temp engine paint befoe and it just flaked after a few months then i scraped that shit off and used the brake caliper paint that you can find at any automotive store and shit has been good for over a year.
                        cb7 sold
                        2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                        95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Or you could just leave them the way they are
                          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Working...
                          X