rust, not as bad but leaks suck 56k no no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rust, not as bad but leaks suck 56k no no

So my 91 white accord that i purchased a couple of months ago, i knew there was a leak but thought nothing of it. Today i decided to tackle it when i saw a few rust spots. i took apart the interior of the trunk and ran a hose outside, to find all the water going into the trunk heheh.

the tail lights were leaking, the upper seal was leaking around the trunk, the main seal around the window moldings were leaking as well.

this is a good DIY to start out with http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=leaking

what i had to start with after taking off the weather stripping

...notice the rust spots and i already removed the window modlings which were a pain.

main leak

sanded it down a bit to kill some of the rust

side upper pannel, this one was really bad but after a bit of sanding it worked out....

primed and prepped

do you see any more rust?

i also siliconed the tail lights as well hehehe. tomorrow ill check for leaks again. I feel pretty good about this, also my car isnt in a snow area like some people on this forum and they would love to see almost no rust like mine lol!

thanks for looking.
    Last edited by accordztech; 02-17-2007, 12:06 AM.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Originally posted by accordztech
    do you see any more rust?
    no, because you painted over it, it will come back. the rust pits the metal and if you don't get it all back to metal, rust returns. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

werd. Unless you sand the rust away completely, it will return. Duh!

Get a wire brush attachment for the dremel and have some fun!

Comment

also naval jelly dissolves rust, if you give it a good 12 hours to sit (keep applying fresh coats) it dissolves a lot of the remainder... like everybody said, the tiny pits are what makes it come back, try to sand all of them out...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

OH i sanded all the rust off lol...i just showed pictures of the parts before i actually painted. haha if i didnt sand the rust off all the way i might as well just leave it be. heheh.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

ok guys dont use cheap ass rubberised latex all purpose silicone caulk. it was still leaking at the window and i noticed that after a few days the silicone cault was too flexable and leaked...but this time around i figured out how to get the window molding down better =).

i went to the store and bought construction adhesive, pros....good stick...cons....haha no turning back!

im in the process of re-doing it right now.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
            X