respraying moldings???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

respraying moldings???

so they are kinda fading after time and such, so do i just need to purchase new ones, or is there a way i can restore them..

thanx

^sold

mine were so bad they were all grey,now they look brand new.everytime i clean the car i put Meguires tire shine on a rag and rub it into all the side moldings,and ever since they look brand new.the shine lasts long too.its the spray can.it lasts up to a month without reaplying.but do it evry time you clean your car.good luck.oh ya the shits $4 a can but it lasts forever.

Comment

awesome ill go pick up a can of it..

thanx

^sold

Comment

no prob man,make sure you get the Meguires with the adjustable spray nozzle,its for low pro tires and its adjustable up to truck tires.the shit works wonders.let me know how you like it.apply 2 coats the first time.good luck.its called "Meguires Hot Shine Tire Spray".

Comment

Mine never faded, but I always put tire cleaner on them and they were soooo shiny!

Then I shaved them, lol.
          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

u can always sand a bit and repaint it and put some coats of clear. my friend did that to his side skirts and they are badddd.

i like it, when i have time ill do my front lip and my side skirts.

im tired of re-applying some treatment where i can just paint it black.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

they sell stuff called "back to black" i think its called? idk but its supposed to like re-dye black mouldings to the original color... i dont think its paint, but its also not just something that makes it temporarily shiny. u might wanna check it out... i think i saw it at advance auto parts, so they should also have it at autozone and probably walmart. if u try it, let us know how it works.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

do not use that black to black,lol,that shit sucks i tried it and applied it right,a week later it rained out and there were dull spots everywear.just use the Meguires,it lsts a month without reaplying.just dont be lazy and take care of it when you wash your car.mine had been shine for 2 months now withoue reaplying.i love the shit and wont use anythnig else.

Comment

yeah ill probly get the Meguires shine stuff tomarrow, it wont be a problem for me to re-apply it, cause i wash my car atleast like twice a month, lol.

^sold

Comment

mother's back to black works great if you apply it correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X