stock wheels: hubcaps or no hubcaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock wheels: hubcaps or no hubcaps

Ok, obviously I would prefer to get some nice rims but I can't afford it. So I'm stuck with my stock wheels. My current hubcaps are discolored, faded, and broken in serveral places. I would prefer to just clean up the wheel, paint if needed and leave the hubcaps off. The wife doesn't like the idea of leaving the hubcaps off so I've considered getting the hubcaps from fizzbob7 if the check out and everything (I'll leave that to PM).

So take my FUBAR (F**ked Up Beyond All Repair) hubcaps off or replace with like new hubcaps.

Thanks everybody
    91 Accord LX

MotoraZ Chrome 4-2-1 headers
    intake
    exhaust

go w/ no hubs... looks more hardcore/raw/darker...

i kinda like it... gives the car that sleeper/tuner/race look... i can't explain it... but i like it....

Comment

i prefer rims by far because Steelies is a very ugly look IMO.. if you clean em real good and shine em up as much as possible, that might be ok. dont leave em dirty looking, people will think your a cheapass who cant afford hubs. =P thats just my 2 cents. if you polish em up nice it will be tight.

Comment

yeah well I'm not a cheapo, I'm just broke But I've decided to try no hubcaps. I'll just have to convince the wife. Not like she could even change a tire anyway
        91 Accord LX

MotoraZ Chrome 4-2-1 headers
        intake
        exhaust

Comment

i don't like steelies at all... but it certainly can't look worse than broken wheel covers!

def. go with the steelies

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

please define steelies

Comment

steelies = steel wheels underneath the plastic hubcap. aka, hes considering taking his hubcaps off and leaving the metal rims.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I would take the hubcaps off. I did because mine are all nasty too. It is not the best looking but I kinda like it. As xplode said they do look better if they are all shined up. I would say that steelies look better than busted/nasty caps.
                FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

I have a whole bunch of chrome hubcaps i can sell ya 20 bucks for 4 let me know they look phat.........

Comment

depends on the color of the car. also the color of the bumpers.

i have a rosewood brown accord with black bumpers and no hubcaps (because one of them broke in my little encounter with the guardrail b/c of an asshole SUV driver, so i figured instead of having 3 hubcaps, i might as well not have any.)

Comment

ive had hubcaps one winter and no hubcaps the next....i liked no hubcaps better

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Working...
                      X