No announcement yet.

Macco rust/paint= 1,315.00 worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats a really good price judging by the condition of your car...

maple, i thought you knew this was going to happen when you bought a cheap car? the cheaper a car is to buy, the more expensive it is to fix later... thats why its cheap...

stop buying parts and save up and get it done next year maybe, THEN start buying parts again. thats how im doing it, i havent bought anything for the car in forever, it took me 4 months to get around to buying new rear brake pads and thats only like $15 lol...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

you can get a first hand opinion whether its worth it or not, if you ask AccordWarrior.

on another note: this is my first post in like 2 weeks.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

cpmike... the car.. he wanted 2500 for the car. I got it down to 1000$ which was very cleaver on my part. i had beef with the guy about the rust.. and he offered to sell it for that becuase he needed money for a new car.

eh well see. seems fair enough i guess now i just have to save

Comment

at a maaco.. you dont want them doing bodywork. I had my car painted there, they are good for paint since a real paintjob isnt worth the money on our cars since they usually run as much as the car.

For a quick paint job... with a few "whoopses" here and there, they are good.

For welding and real bodywork, nope.

Comment

Wayne...2 months ago you claimed had like 4,000 in your Paypal account. Where'd it go?

I've had my car for 5 years...look at it...it looks stock. I have more money into that car than you've had into all your cars combined.

Putting an H into that car as is is completely pointless. For what I put into my bodywork I could have had the H22 and a decent set of wheels, along with the suspension. I chose proper bodywork.

Do what you want man. Frankly I think you're clueless when it comes to money. You need to make a plan and stick to it.

Comment

I believ R/I is remove and install.
              '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
              EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

yup, do the prep work yourself...if you don't know how to do it, you'll probably goon it up a few times but you'll learn and save some $$$. read up first. my buddy did all his own prep work and had maaco spray it for just under $400....came out really nice.

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by chile
                  yup, do the prep work yourself...if you don't know how to do it, you'll probably goon it up a few times but you'll learn and save some $$$. read up first. my buddy did all his own prep work and had maaco spray it for just under $400....came out really nice.
                  Yeah, they usually come out good, mine didnt come out too bad, except these few problems/lack of care.

They removed the rear "LX" badge like I told them to, but didnt even sand down the sticky stuff that is still there.. sprayed right over it.

The underside of the front bumpers (like where they curve under towards the car, next to bumper light on front), paint is very thin, can see black through there.

Had white overspray on newly painted bronze wheels and BLACK engine bay (pissed me off most).

And overspray on the edges of the windows.

People still have to look close to see the problems with it, but for 400, cant really compain. Jose/Bustedlx (where has he been lately?) didnt beleive that my car was maaco painted.

Comment

each maaco is independent. so for those that keep stating that maaco doesn't know how to do it, if you haven't been to the particular location that maple is referring to, you may not be right.

Originally posted by chile
                    he already did some prep work himself, such as his hood, and it's going to cost him since he didn't prep it properly.

in any event, there's a saying "that which comes cheap becomes expensive." this is apparently another case of that statement holding true.

it is interesting to note, as a few other members have already pointed out, that had the priority been the maintenance first, rather than modifications, the car could have been brought up to speed. but instead, the focus was on modifications first, and thus the car remains in the poor condition in which it was purchased.

in the end, if the car is worth it to you, then the 1315 or more is worth it. no one can make that decision but yourself.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                      in any event, there's a saying "that which comes cheap becomes expensive." this is apparently another case of that statement holding true.
                      true enough....

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                        Wayne...2 months ago you claimed had like 4,000 in your Paypal account. Where'd it go?

I've had my car for 5 years...look at it...it looks stock. I have more money into that car than you've had into all your cars combined.

Putting an H into that car as is is completely pointless. For what I put into my bodywork I could have had the H22 and a decent set of wheels, along with the suspension. I chose proper bodywork.

Do what you want man. Frankly I think you're clueless when it comes to money. You need to make a plan and stick to it.
                        Maple isn't the only one with this problem, there are far too many others with it that have NO focus at all. This is why people get frustrated and leave the scene.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior

Do what you want man.
                          Make up your mind.

Is it ok by *you* if he does the mechanical mods first?

Holy cow. How can you judge him?
                          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

one of my friends got a macco paint job on his 1985 accord, it looked good for 6 months, slowly started fading, and by one year, it was awful.

oh yeah, they also accidently painted his muffler a little, and the edges of his windows

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                            www.maketradefair.com

Comment

yeah 97ludes its got a 2 year warrenty on the paint /work i think iom gonna save for it

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                                Make up your mind.

Is it ok by *you* if he does the mechanical mods first?

Holy cow. How can you judge him?
                                Steve...one day its turbo, the next its an H22, then he buys CC2's, then he sells them. Then he buys JDM headlights, then he's poor, the next day he has 4,000.

How can I judge him...based on my personal experience are you talking?

Are you judging me by saying I'm judging him? What grounds when it comes to my car are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X