bumper light covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bumper light covers?

Bumper light covers that come stock with our cars??? Most CB7's and Cb9's I see don't have them and I do. Was it a factory option? I'm trying to take them off so I can can do a 1157 socket retrofit and install my amber lights.

See if you look at my bumper lights you can see a protective cover, covering the light.
    Last edited by Chan_Man; 11-01-2005, 10:29 PM.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

all OEM bumper lenses had two layers, the clear plastic outer lense (which is amber for 9293) and an amber diffuser lense inside (its a metal cube with a plastic front, clear plastic for 9293) which diffuses out the bulb light so looking straight at the bulb it isnt so sharp, but you still get full light output.

ebay clear and blackhousing bumper lenses leave that diffuser out, which is partially why they fail inspection.

some peple say that if you take apart a 9091 lense and pull out the amber diffuser lense and stick it inside of a clear ebay 9293 bumper lense, that itll look identical to a JDM clear SI bumper lense (which is hard to find)

so that being said, im not entirely sure i know what you mean by a "protective cover" --- are you referring to the diffuser lense inside of the actual housing?
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-01-2005, 11:48 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Well I think its the clear outer plastic piece? Its like a plastic cover that covers the lense. I'll take a better picture tomorrow.
      Last edited by Chan_Man; 11-01-2005, 11:49 PM.
      "form follows function."
      Louis Sullivan

Comment

is it a thick soft plastic? ive heard of headlight covers, its a clear film that bounces rocks off the front of it so you dont get chips. i want a set for my JDM's... i guess you have a set of bumper lense ones? wonder if that was an option, or just something somebody added custom, or perhaps one of those rare aftermarket parts that most people dont know were made (like a cb7 bugflector)

Current cars:

Comment

Yes its like a bug and debri deflector its pretty thick from the the feel of it. I like it cause it saves my bumper lenses from death and destruction, but yet agian I don't know how the hell it comes off hahaaha. Trying to take pictures with my digicam, but no batteries. I got that HP digicam that comes with the printer so cheap doesn't even have a charger for it.
          "form follows function."
          Louis Sullivan

Comment

while we are on the topic, i just got done putting a layer of transparent electical tape over the lenses of my new pristine JDM headlights. made it SLIGHTLY more foggy but its hard to see unless youre close up - and its not any more foggy than it would be if it were covered in dried bug guts . now i can be relaxed knowing my new headlights arent getting beaten up by bugs and rocks... if ever necessary, peel it off and spend $2 on another roll

gonna buy a brand new set of bumper lenses and do the same.

im also gonna look into other options... like a clear film i can cut to shape or something... we will see

when you get pics of what you have, post em up.

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
            X