Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What'd your Accord look like when you bought it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What'd your Accord look like when you bought it?

I'm just wondering w00t condition y'all's cars were in when you got them. My 1990 Accord coupe LX was 10 years old, had only 35,000 miles on it, was always garaged and washed every week, and get this: when I got it, the back seat had NEVER BEEN SAT IN. EVER! Not one single ding, scratch, or flaw. It looked like it was still in the dealer showroom.

And the ninjas had sweet victory, and there was much rejoicing.

mine looked just as it looked like now...new...hahaha really it did, mine was the show room one with 1 mile on it.

check out my car in member rides and u will see what im talking about
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i must be the only one in this post so far that didnt buy mine used...but technically it was a hand me down from my mom...so let's just say for my there was a ding on the rear bumper from a rear-end accident and some scratches on the right corner of the front bumper because my is an old asian lady that doesn't know how to park in a garage

Comment

Well as for mine when i brought mine from the auto lot there was little dings here and there a little bumper to bumper blemishes and stuff. There was a picture of an old lady i through that shit out the window testdriving it. the window flew open driving in mid traffic with assholes speeding by and shit. I closed it while my pops was dring l;ike a madman wow i never thought a honda would have that much power though. I fell in love with it though I was going to get a civic but my originality in second best choices has gotten better.

Comment

i was on my way to go check 2000 model civics...
          and always loved the cb7... just happened to see one for sale and was hookt ...
          in pretty good conditon, altho with a 122,000 already on it and ive put about 31,000 on it in about 4 yrs...
          minor dings is all and of course the forming rust spots behind the rear wheel wells...
          i planned on just an alright looking car,, rims, minor drop, tint and head unit...
          then i got out of hand and started wit bigger drop, bodykit(which sometimes i regret,,)and on form there...
          but I LOVE MY BIA!

Comment

My car had 117k on it, with minor dings, scratches, and that usual rust spot. Now it has a hole in the wheel well, major dings and scratches, and a crayon stain on the seat... and 178k miles.

I haven't paid any attention to the appearance of it, since there's so much to be done. One day, I'll hav eit completely fixed up. Then I'll take great care of it! I'll be one of those guys who parks sideways in the back of the parking lot so no one dings my car

Comment

I'm the third owner of my Accord and I never intended on keeping it. I bought my car in Jan of 2001 with 135K miles on it. And man was my car f%cked up, lol.

I had just gotten in a bad car accident and totaled my Legend 6Spd Coupe in Decemeber 00 so I need to buy a car for transportation so when I lost the Legend I immediately decided to buy a 4th gen (92-93) and pay it off, I didn't want any car payments or I would've bought another Legend.

So I looked and looked and man where these shits expensive, most where around 5K and almost all of them had salvage titles and being sold by shaddy Cubans. So finally I found this BustedLX that belonged to a kid that got his girlfriend preganant and quickly joined the Navy. So his parents where selling the car on his behalf. The car had just finished being paid off the Novermber before (2000) and had just been sitting there. Plus it had never been wrecked (well once in a parking lot but that doesn't count) and it had a clean title. So I offered 3K cash and got the car.

The clean title is was really made me decide on getting it. But man the suspension was shot, engine was poorly maintained, had allot of things broken and rigged, the car was filthy inside, I mean there was fucking dirt UNDER the carpet!!!! What kind of an animal manages to get the underside of the carpet dirty, The body is shot, looks like it was never washed and like someone ran around the car with a hammer, window run channels where shot, car got hit on the rear pass door in a parking lot and I swear the repair must look worse then the damage.

But looks like 2004 will be the year the body gets fixed up and I get the nice wheels I want. I might even work on the interior I want. Man I'd love to have an all Black interior.

I always wanted a White 92-93 on Black leather like a friend of mine had but they are impossible to find. He sold his for 8K in 1998 so I wasn't going to buy that.

But maybe one day I'll have mine sexy like that. I'm a perfectionist though so I change things that most people don't. Rubbers and bushings that even the guys at the dealer look at me funny, I'm like man I want the car quieter or "like" new, lol.

It's a shame my car looks like shit because mechaniclly there really isn't another 4th gen I've seen close.
              Last edited by BustedLX; 01-11-2004, 03:55 PM.
              My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

My car had the black moldings, rust on both rear tire wells, and was very high off the ground. But, thankfully, there is none of that anymore. Oh yea, and it was an automatic.
                "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

As they say, pictures are worth a thousand words!
                  Attached Files
                  1997 RHD AE111
                  JDM Blackface Project

Comment

my car was completely stock, im the 3rd (that i know of) owner. well i bought a car that was full of dings, scrapes, a good amount of rust, DIIRTY interior (dog hair, broken glass and crayons UNDER the carpet), old ass engine, literally decomposed front springs, blown shocks, and bald tires. i bought a BustedLX (pun intended) for $2200.

guess what, its practically still the same lol

im a perfectionist tho, thats why im getting into ever detail of the car, making it how i want (who else would spend multiple hours putting LEDs in their dashboard).

i had always wanted a 9293 white w/ grey/black (not leather) interior, and i found out those hardly existed, so i settled for a navy interior. i havent even had the car a full year yet so i guess im not too behind on the modding of it... but when its all said and done, this car WILL look how i want it. and i have lots of ideas for it that ive never seen been done before, so its gonna be unique too. i have a full stock grey interior waiting for me to swap in, i just need to make an appt and get down to NJ and swap it.

the h22 came by luck, that i found a car with such high mileage. also knowing that i was gonna wanna do an h22 swap to whatever car i got, i bought one... so the second of the major high-price things was met (#1. car, #2. swap, #3. body work). but man my car body really needs alot of work, the whole right side is scraped, theres rust running up the whole left side, and i see my crooked car (left side is lower than the right. why? beats me.) im riding on a screwed up suspension ($15 set of used oem shocks from acclude91), ugh my car is depressing to look at. but i know i need to just give it time and itll turn out ok.

busted, i read ur post, and it reminded me completely of myself. except im sure ur car is mechanically a million times better than mine.

deever... me too. when my body is fixed and painted, KEEP THE FUCK OFF
                    Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-12-2004, 03:03 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                      mine looked just as it looked like now...new...hahaha really it did, mine was the show room one with 1 mile on it.

check out my car in member rides and u will see what im talking about
                      Ztech from the cheap ass camera your using you cant tell the full cleanness effect LOL

NEway i got it with like maybe 90K from mah dad, mint condition never was out of the garage unless it was in use .. Car was mint, until the day it got totaled LOLZ

Comment

hmm, I got my car just a couple of weeks ago. It's in great shape. My grandfather bought it new and it has 101,000km (60000miles?) on it.
                        1990 CBM CB7

Comment

BOUGHT MY CAR FOR 500 BUX NO DINGS NO SCRATCHES PRETTY DAMN DIRTY INSIDE BRAND NEW TIRES BRAKES ROTORS KIND OF DIRTY ENGNE O YAH THA RUST AT THE WHEEL WELLS AND ONLY 90000 MILES ON IT......SOLD TO THA LUCKY ASS 17 YEAR OLD AND IT ONLY HAD ONE OWNER

Comment

Originally posted by wunda who
                            BOUGHT MY CAR FOR 500 BUX NO DINGS NO SCRATCHES PRETTY DAMN DIRTY INSIDE BRAND NEW TIRES BRAKES ROTORS KIND OF DIRTY ENGNE O YAH THA RUST AT THE WHEEL WELLS AND ONLY 90000 MILES ON IT......SOLD TO THA LUCKY ASS 17 YEAR OLD AND IT ONLY HAD ONE OWNER
                            Caps lock really isn't necessary...

red_gto... Aside from the wing, that doesn't look too bad. I like the wheels! I'm guessing you weren't a fan of the yellow though... Either way, I'd rock the before or the after!

Comment

di definately rock the before look. was definately hot..

Comment

Working...
                              X