No announcement yet.

Things you didn't know about the Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can fit a d-series behind a front seat lol http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/4...3469medium.jpg

H22A Vigor
    SR20 Accord

Comment

rear cb courtesy lights are the same as a 98 tl.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by A18A View Post
        you can fit a d-series behind a front seat lol http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/4...3469medium.jpg
        I like this.

I only have a passenger side vanity light. Drivers side only gets a mirror.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
          A little more than that, I'm afraid. You're going to need the CC computer/brain, LX/EX/SE clockspring (lol, DXs don't even have clocksprings), LX/EX/SE steering wheel (believe it or not, they've got different internals - DXs only have a ground connection for the horn button), and then you've gotta wire up the cluster. Does the DX cluster even have a bulb slot for CC? I'm not sure!

Then you've got to install the vacuum system.

I wonder if it was a dealer option? I kind of doubt it - I've never seen it in person.

Anyway, the CC wiring is indeed part of the dash harness.
          The clock spring isnt a trim level thing.

Any car with an airbag has a clock spring

Your 90 DX dosent have an airbag so it uses a contact wheel.

The 1991 SE is the same way. Its an airbag thing

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
            the key-in door alarm (the 4 beeps) is morse code for "H"
            How did you find that out?

Comment

I have found that our radiators can keep the engine cool with out the fans in weather below 40 degrees ferinheit. I would not reccomend this by any means, i found this out because i was in an accident and just havent found the reason for them not to be working yet.

oh i removed my grill and folded my hood under to create better airflow

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
              91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
              funds for swap:$000.00
              Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
              Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
                I have found that our radiators can keep the engine cool with out the fans in weather below 40 degrees ferinheit. I would not reccomend this by any means, i found this out because i was in an accident and just havent found the reason for them not to be working yet.

oh i removed my grill and folded my hood under to create better airflow
                During the summer when I was trying to pinpoint a noise (exhaust leak), I ran my car for a good 20 minutes in 80 degree heat. The fans only came on when I hit the A/C
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                Originally posted by deevergote
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  The clock spring isnt a trim level thing.

Any car with an airbag has a clock spring

Your 90 DX dosent have an airbag so it uses a contact wheel.

The 1991 SE is the same way. Its an airbag thing
                  This guy and his technicalities.

I was referring to the contact plate that sits between the steering wheel and the combination switches on the steering column. Sorry for any confusion.

If your car is a 9091 and has Cruise Control, it has a "Slip Ring Assembly (#16)," and if it doesn't have CC (9091 DX), you don't have any sort of clockspring, "contact wheel," whatever.

On 9091 DXs, the only thing which requires constant contact on the steering wheel is a ground for the horn switch - it's just a metal tab that keeps constant contact during steering revolutions; so your horn goes MEEP when you tap the horn pad. There's no assembly (contact wheel, clockspring, whatever you want to call it) between the wheel and the combination switch on the column.
                  My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

This guy and his technicalities.

I was referring to the contact plate that sits between the steering wheel and the combination switches on the steering column. Sorry for any confusion.

If your car is a 9091 and has Cruise Control, it has a "Slip Ring Assembly (#16)," and if it doesn't have CC (9091 DX), you don't have any sort of clockspring, "contact wheel," whatever.

On 9091 DXs, the only thing which requires constant contact on the steering wheel is a ground for the horn switch - it's just a metal tab that keeps constant contact during steering revolutions; so your horn goes MEEP when you tap the horn pad. There's no assembly (contact wheel, clockspring, whatever you want to call it) between the wheel and the combination switch on the column.
                    Oh i thought you were saying ALL dx's even the ones with airbags were like that

The ones with cruise control have that same thing, it just has 2 more contact points

You mean how its just a metal disc and the back of the steering wheel has a pin that rides on the disc right?

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                      the key-in door alarm (the 4 beeps) is morse code for "H"
                      I found that out from my auto tech teacher a few years back. My sister's Kia Spectra does it to though...

Question about the trim levels: are there any non-ABS 9293 coupes with sunroofs? LX option, maybe? I really don't mean to "thread jack" here, people get so fussy about that kind of thing, but it's really not worth a new thread to get such a trivial question answered.
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-22-2010, 02:29 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                        Question about the trim levels: are there any non-ABS 9293 coupes with sunroofs? LX option, maybe? I really don't mean to "thread jack" here, people get so fussy about that kind of thing, but it's really not worth a new thread to get such a trivial question answered.
                        If there are any, it is an aftermarket sunroof. Honda only put the sunroof on the EX and SE models which, in 92-93, all had ABS.
                        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                          Oh i thought you were saying ALL dx's even the ones with airbags were like that

The ones with cruise control have that same thing, it just has 2 more contact points

You mean how its just a metal disc and the back of the steering wheel has a pin that rides on the disc right?
                          Yeah.

This sums it all up.

My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

I found that out from my auto tech teacher a few years back. My sister's Kia Spectra does it to though...

You could always get a 9091 if you don't want ABS but want a sunroof.

Yeah.

This sums it all up.

Damn.... yeah that sums it up alright. lol

Comment

As the others stated already it's best to just either get a 90-91 with a sunnroof. I've heard about a lot of people with aftermarket sunroofs which didn't turn out too good.
                              1991 Accord Sedan LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173444
                              1991 Accord Wagon LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=209652

Comment

Thanks for the sunroof info, guys. I'll have to look more into the differences in features between the two halves of the generation before getting another CB. I just really like my 92's interior...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X