Things you didn't know about the Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
    with the key out of the ignition you can still roll the windows down until you open the door
    yeah if you have the dx you have to roll them manually, with key or no key..
    AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
    JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

I didn't know the little arm on the glovebox is a damper. Found that out yesterday when I swiped hinges from one at the JY. I guess mine leaked years ago.

Comment

Well after the lock inside the driver's door of my CB got jammed and had it replaced. the outside door handle was also replaced with the infared keyless handle. (here's the cool part) When i'm inside my car and i lock the doors from the driver's side.I can still open the driver's door to exit! The good thing also, is that when i exit and shut the door, IT STAYS LOCKED, NO OPENING!!!!

Another one would be the light around the ignition, doesn't go off until i lock the doors.

Final one: This is for those who don't have a cup holder. The space in between the E-brake and the driver's seat can be used as a single cup holder. Was funny how i found out. I bought B.K one day and realized i may have to hold the cup in between my legs. Looking around for somewhere to place it, then my eyes caught sight of the space in between the seat and e-brake. WAS LIKE A HEAVEN SENT! The cup didn't budge at all, no matter how hard i drove.
        '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
          with the key out of the ignition you can still roll the windows down until you open the door
          only for like ~15 minutes.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicancb3 View Post

Final one: This is for those who don't have a cup holder. The space in between the E-brake and the driver's seat can be used as a single cup holder. Was funny how i found out. I bought B.K one day and realized i may have to hold the cup in between my legs. Looking around for somewhere to place it, then my eyes caught sight of the space in between the seat and e-brake. WAS LIKE A HEAVEN SENT! The cup didn't budge at all, no matter how hard i drove.

YES! thats my cup holder lol you cant use the ashtray and stock cupholder at the same time anyways
            -Tyler

Comment

Here's another i forgot: Underneath both front seats, there is a part of the material that makes up the base of seat that can be slightly spaced at the sides. What so special about this? A VERY GOOD place to hide small goodies that's what!

- whether your an owner of a small lightweight hand gun

- take away your kids bag of chips because he/she wanted to open it in the car and you told him/her NO!

- want to hide certain stuff from your parents that you didn't want them knowing as yet. *cough-cough* condoms *cough* (yea i did that back when i was 17)

Basically anything you can think of, of a relative size and weight that u slip in that spot without putting alot of stress on the material.

Comment

- want to hide certain stuff from your parents that you didn't want them knowing as yet. *cough-cough* condoms *cough* (yea i did that back when i was 17)
                lol, i used the face-plate container/protector i got with my head unit for just that purpose

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Here's another i forgot: Underneath both front seats, there is a part of the material that makes up the base of seat that can be slightly spaced at the sides. What so special about this? A VERY GOOD place to hide small goodies that's what!

- whether your an owner of a small lightweight hand gun

- take away your kids bag of chips because he/she wanted to open it in the car and you told him/her NO!

Basically anything you can think of, of a relative size and weight that u slip in that spot without putting alot of stress on the material.
                  man you in jamaica so i know what you hide in there lol j/k...
                  Last edited by blazenem; 10-27-2010, 12:31 AM.

Ride List
                  1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                  2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                  newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
                    The trunk light can be swapped for any Honda hatchback light with an on/off switch. This little mod is as effortless as swapping in an Integra clock.
                    Oh wow I want this. I removed my trunk light bulb because there are times when I want to leave my trunk open but I don't want to drain the battery.

You can fit 2x10s in your sedan (coupe too?) and still be able to shift (5 speed, suppose automatic is the same) and close the trunk. But they might end up resting on the dash.

Comment

i bet a lot of people didnt know they had an ash trey on the back where the ebrake ends..
                      AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                      JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

I know nobody has posted in this thread in a while but I just had to post this. All models have a little vent in the corners of their dashes for the defroster, just to the inside of the A-arms. All of them are interchangeable EXCEPT the SE. It is a little longer and skinnier than the other models, much to my surprise.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

There's this lady with Crashed CB out here in Jamaica, I don't remember which region it came from, could be Europe or Austrialian. Either way its RHD but it has tailights like the USDM CBs ( the inner tails are longer and closer to licence plate). The sunvisors for both passenger and driver are slightly bigger than usual because they have bigger mirrors AND a light! the light is turn on by an on/off button thats released once the flap on the inside of the visor is opened (sorta like when you open the door and the light in the door turns on except i believe u can press the button to turn the visors off) Too bad the CB was written off. Lady fell asleep at the wheel and head-on collision

Worse part is i approached her to part it out and she was reasonable enough (sorta). i'm still saving up for those goodies. BUT! she just wants to get rid of the car, because its beyond repair and she want to sell it for $JA 70 grand! equivalent to 824 $US. She has got to sniffing crack. damn people

Comment

I love all of the features listed in this thread, I also love the awesome designed dash, you can throw a phone on the dash and it will be there after a spirited drive.

One thing that wasn't listed that is the best thing in the world to me, is the adjustible and fold up armrest.
                            '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                            -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                            -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                            -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                            10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                              the key-in door alarm (the 4 beeps) is morse code for "H"
                              That's awesome...idk why but that made my day lol.

Comment

Did anyone know that say you have 90-91 with auto belts and they stop working that if you have all the original tools (lugwrench and etc) in yourtrunk there is a tool to crank them up or down its a lil black tool that you stick into the motor to crank it
                                Click Here To Check Out My Ride
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

Working...
                                X