No announcement yet.

Bisimoto H22 & H2B Header Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUMP, if anyone wants cams or anything else for there H Series motor, jump on it now, I can discount shipping and get everything out in one box! Take advantage and get everything at once!

Questions, comments, concerns, orders?
    Randy@Bisimoto.com
    Bisimoto Engineering
    Randy@Bisimoto.com
    (888)-922-6686

Comment

Originally posted by randull View Post
      BUMP, if anyone wants cams or anything else for there H Series motor, jump on it now, I can discount shipping and get everything out in one box! Take advantage and get everything at once!

Randy@Bisimoto.com
      i just got my check from the university, i'll have payment sent by thursday!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
        i just got my check from the university, i'll have payment sent by thursday!
        Ohhhhh, for cams or header? Maybe both? LOL!
        Bisimoto Engineering
        Randy@Bisimoto.com
        (888)-922-6686

Comment

-The fit of the header is mean to be a compression style slip fit, so it will be very tight. With this in mind I understand that you had originally had a bit of an issue with "mis-alignment", the easiest remedy is to take the header and mate the downpipe and header to eachother and then let it sit like that for an hour or so, it will set the two in line.
          I was expecting a tight fit as far as the diameter of the tubing, but my problem is with the actual alignment of those runners, between the header and downpipe collector. Trying to mate the two together, I can only get two aligned, and with a deal of work, a third... I'm mechanically inclined, and I've been working with it for a while, but can't manage to get them in (these beastly runners do not want to budge!) I placed a wedge and set the entire thing in a clamp for 6 hours, and as soon as I removed it the runners went back into their misalignment. I assume actually placing the unit in the engine bay will make it that much more difficult to line up, as there is no room to fit a pry bar and be able to manipulate these with any direction. Pictures are below, is this normal deviation?

-The down pipe is not meant to bolt directly to your exhaust, creating a singular unit will leave nothing to give and will essentially vibrate the welds apart prematurely! So it is set up so you can decide whether to put a flex pipe, donut gasket, or bolt your cat directly to it and have a flex pipe after wards!
          I understand this, but it caught me off guard as I believed I was doing a CB7-chassis group buy, so I assumed you were likely going to add a flex pipe or include the other half for the donut flange. It was never stated, and of course there were no pictures, so I should have asked in advance. I guess I'll have to get somebody to make an extension for me, no huge deal!

Here are a few pictures of the header, as well as the problem I'm having. Definitely a beautiful piece of work though!

Last edited by cp[mike]; 10-22-2010, 10:34 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

cardboard

Hey mike, I had the same alignment problem you did. It was solved with cardboard.

Just use them as shims until it fits, if it still requires alignment, like mine did with one entire side too low, find something more rigid to pull them flush with each other. I am letting mine sit together until I install it in hopes for an easier fit when going into the car.

I also am having difficulty finding a flange that works locally, so that currently sucks. I am also not sure about the length of the spring bolts, but I guess I will figure that stuff out when I get to it.

the only other concern I have is that I don't know if I have my upper primaries completely inside the lower part. I know it is only an inch or less, but I do not want to change the length of the primaries, since they are made for my setup.

I would also like to see pictures of how much grinding / cutting is required for cross-member if anyone has images, that would be much appreciated

EDIT: for mating I am trying to go with the Honda JDM 2.5" concave flange and gasket, I will then have to find the correct length of spring bolts.

It should be noted that this will not work for everyone, because some of the more aggressive builds will have 2.75" down pipes. Thankfully mine has the 2.5" so it should work for my needs.

The cheapest place I have found to get the flange and gasket is blox racing

Checker / schucks / whatever random parts stores seem to have 3 sizes and lengths of spring bolts, I have the smallest right now and don't know if they will work or not. I will find out when my other hardware arrives probably next week.
            Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 10-22-2010, 10:27 PM.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Getting it apart

Just as a side note for those who are interested, it is just as difficult to take them apart as it is to put them together LoL

I just tried and failed, I will have to get the help of leverage between the spring mounts and try to pull them apart that way, I can also attest to the quality of the weld by saying my room mate and I pulled on those babies hard to get them apart and the welds are all still intact.

So they have succeeded in making sure they do not fall apart LOL

Has anyone looked into the possibility of installing the unit as one piece, it may be easier LOL

Comment

So should the dp and the manifold go all the way down to the lip when together? I got it about a little over half an inch to the lip. Its very very hard to put it together.

Should I grease it next time? I don't want it to burn when I do install it

Comment

lube

I was thinking about using graphite lube when I install it again. It should help and not be a problem for anything down or up stream, I don't know how long it will last in there though

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                    Just as a side note for those who are interested, it is just as difficult to take them apart as it is to put them together LoL

I just tried and failed, I will have to get the help of leverage between the spring mounts and try to pull them apart that way, I can also attest to the quality of the weld by saying my room mate and I pulled on those babies hard to get them apart and the welds are all still intact.

So they have succeeded in making sure they do not fall apart LOL

Has anyone looked into the possibility of installing the unit as one piece, it may be easier LOL
                    Anti seize OR Torco Contact Cleaner and a rubber mallet will do the trick!

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                    So should the dp and the manifold go all the way down to the lip when together? I got it about a little over half an inch to the lip. Its very very hard to put it together.

Should I grease it next time? I don't want it to burn when I do install it
                    No, depending on design and spec, it can be as small as what you have to about 1 & 3/4 inches!
                    Bisimoto Engineering
                    Randy@Bisimoto.com
                    (888)-922-6686

Comment

Slow and steady

Just something I found, it sounds obvious, but is hard to tell.

When putting it in and pulling it out, no sexual pun intended, go slowly and move each runner in a small amount and do it over multiple iterations. I got mine stuck because I shoved one side in too far, and I will surely use some form of lube because it is surely a tight fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                        Just something I found, it sounds obvious, but is hard to tell.

When putting it in and pulling it out, no sexual pun intended, go slowly and move each runner in a small amount and do it over multiple iterations. I got mine stuck because I shoved one side in too far, and I will surely use some form of lube because it is surely a tight fit.
                        lol wow...i know you said no sexual pun intended..but jebus you went in!!lol

also ghetto do you have any pics of the header installed on your engine?

Lou's Build Thread!
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                        "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Nope

I do not have pictures of it installed, mainly because it is not installed yet.

I am waiting on some parts to show up and probably won't get it installed until the first week in November. It is sad, but something that cannot be avoided.

As soon as I get it in I will post pictures though. I am also doing a dyno comparison between the bisi and the stock JDM header with 2.5" downpipe modification. The before results are available here

Comment

yep im also monitoring that thread also...i know you can't wait!shit! i can't wait for you!

Lou's Build Thread!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                            "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

I like where this thread is going, in either event it is what I believe is know as "full of win"

LOL, looking good guys! In either event for those that have not gotten that final payment in do it ASAP!

Dont forget guys, if youre interested in cams or anything else, now is the time to get that order in so we can send over one package!
                              Bisimoto Engineering
                              Randy@Bisimoto.com
                              (888)-922-6686

Comment

BUMP GUYS!

Get that last payment in everyone!

Also, if you guys want to order anything else before we leave for SEMA get those orders in asap! We can ship them with your header!

Randy@Bisimoto.com
                                Bisimoto Engineering
                                Randy@Bisimoto.com
                                (888)-922-6686

Comment

Working...
                                X