Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car plugged in, but not warming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car plugged in, but not warming up

The past 2 days, it feels like my car isnt even plugged in, it sounds like a tractor when it starts, and there is alot of hesitation. Ive checked my extention cord going to the block heater, and it physically looks fine, but i dont know for sure.. where is the block heater located on the motor so i can take a look at it tonight?
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Forget everything i said, block heater works fine. the wire going to the block heater was sliced at the neutral wire.. so it wasnt getting any power... that explains alot... -.-

Comment

wish i had a block heater its been deathly cold here in denver past few mornings.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

you can install a pump which circulates the fluid when the block heater is plugged in, it works wonders.
        DEVOTE

Comment

I'm shocked we haven't gotten any replies asking what the hell you're talking about US cars didn't get block heaters (maybe some special order options in the northern states), so the majority of the members are clueless!

Comment

I know what it is and have actually seen a few cb's with them here in colorado. My friends has one. His parents said it was an option when they bought the car new.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I Love my remote start...

...that is all

Comment

i am surprised too Deev... i wish i could get a hold of one.. not like i need it but it would be cool to have one... LOL

Originally posted by Devergote
                A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
                  I know what it is and have actually seen a few cb's with them here in colorado. My friends has one. His parents said it was an option when they bought the car new.
                  Yeah, I figured it was an option in the colder states. I think it may have been standard on Canadian models (any truth to that, Canadians?)

Comment

oh.. and if you do have it.. how about some pics so others can see it.. and the plug in for it..

a picture is worth a 1000 words..

Originally posted by Devergote
                    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

so you actually have an extension cord running up to your car, ie: your car is actually plugged in? i've never heard of this before...so sorry for my ignorance. yeah pics would be nice. But remote start ftw!, the owner before me did that to my coupe, and I totally appreciate it. cost him 350 back in 2003, and it still works

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

the cord on mine split the neutral wire at the plug to the heater itself, just due to the age of it...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

live in Canada and mine did not come with one.. and you know you can pretty much go to any store and buy one.. probably less then $100..

and unless your getting super cold temps.. ( not including wind chill cause that has no effect on a car) there not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Yeah, I figured it was an option in the colder states. I think it may have been standard on Canadian models (any truth to that, Canadians?)
                            Yes your right, it is standard on ALL canadian cars since we get brutal winters now.
                            As for comand start... your car wont start if its -45 and the car isnt pluged in... run outside, plug it in, start it in the morning 15 mins before you leave, and lock the doors with your spare key...
                            EDIT: The car must have originally been sold in canada, if it was sold in the states, it was an option they would give you. As for all lower states, you wont have them, it doesnt get cold enough. although the option is still there.
                            Last edited by js593; 01-24-2008, 09:01 AM.

Comment

where can i get one of these in CO?

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

Working...
                              X