Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car wont start after removing fuel rail...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car wont start after removing fuel rail...

Well I have a new problem now. I got the rear mount switched out which meant taking off the intake mani/fuel rail. Now I put itback together and it doesn't start. It just cranks and cranks.

No engine codes, there is fuel pressure at the rail/fuel line junction, the FPR hose is bone dry though. What could it be?

I gave the pump a while to accumulate pressure and everything before starting but no luck.

ANY IDEAS?

Once again, thanks for the tips!
    PM me for the following...
    -Driver's side 2-door armrest in tan for sale - $5 + shipping

I'm currently looking to buy an N/A mkIII (86.5-92) supra. PM if you or anyone you know is selling anywhere near CO.

so u took off the intake manifold as well?? did you replace the gaskets?

sometimes it takes a few tries to get the car to start when removing the fuel rail. did u connect all the injectors back?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Ya, i used new gaskets (of course ) and yes, all the injectors are in place and firmly seated.

I've been cranking it for about 10 times at 5-10 secs each try and still nothing.

It doesn't even sputter or start to do anything.

I'm currently looking to buy an N/A mkIII (86.5-92) supra. PM if you or anyone you know is selling anywhere near CO.

Comment

Did you hook up the injectors all the wiring?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Ya, but I think I'll take them off and then put them back on, just to be sure.

Comment

New Information!!!

So my CEL does NOT come on with the key in the on position.

SOOOOO, i take it this means i have a bad fuse or relay, correct?

I checked all the fuses and they're good. So I'm guessing i have a bad relay

How can i check the relay and where would it be?

**Found my info for relay repair.
            Last edited by suprarx7nut; 06-27-2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

ECU Ground? Did you connect it back?

Comment

ah yes! ecu ground is under the thermostat!!! make sure thats got a clean, fresh connection... use sandpaper if necessary

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/tstatground.jpg[/img]

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i never knew that ground was there. good to know!

do you hear the telltale click of the main relay when you turn the key to the on position? you may have removed the intake manifold and fuel rail but that doesnt necessarily mean that you created the problem. it could be a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                    ah yes! ecu ground is under the thermostat!!! make sure thats got a clean, fresh connection... use sandpaper if necessary

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/tstatground.jpg[/img]
                    If you could hug people over the internet I think I would.

I remember seeing that now but i don't remember putting it back on. I'm going to go try it now.

THANKS!!!!!

*EDIT: It runs!!! Its a little rough and I have a leak in a radiator hose that i got too rough with but it runs!!!!

THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by suprarx7nut; 06-28-2007, 05:05 AM. Reason: IT LIVES

Comment

lol i forgot about that.

did you have spark when u didnt have that connected? im courious.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                        lol i forgot about that.

did you have spark when u didnt have that connected? im courious.
                        Well I'm quite the amatuer and dont even know how to *properly* check for spark, so I'm not sure. But it's running well now, changed plugs back to the originals (NGK) and tightened the fiv and it purrs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by suprarx7nut
                          Well I'm quite the amatuer and dont even know how to *properly* check for spark, so I'm not sure. But it's running well now, changed plugs back to the originals (NGK) and tightened the fiv and it purrs!!!

good job!!, but you might want to check your oil dipstick for traces of fuel just in case

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                            good job!!, but you might want to check your oil dipstick for traces of fuel just in case

...eh?

Why would I have fuel in my oil? I'm confuzzled. I never had the oil cap open while messing with the rail...? Educate me, please.

I checked it yesterday and it seemed all good.

Comment

Working...
                            X