Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ECU questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU questions

Is a P07 ECU basically the same thing as a P28. Just woundering if that staement is true.
    please help me find this factory navigation unit

Whats a p07?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

it's not.

It's weird. You can chip it, just requires some other components that are hard to find.

I think cpmike or accord r33 chipped one a while back but had problems.

or maybe Im thinking of the p05.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Who chips ecu? need to get a hold of them so i can get my ecu chiped.

Comment

Accord R33, MRX, and d112crzy there all chip ECUs... I know the first two guys are busy, and sometimes don't have time to do it (they won't usually accept an order if they don't have time). Jose, I don't know if you're always up for it or not...

I heard a P05 was about the same as a P06. I never heard of a P07 (though I just learned of the P05 the other day...)

Anyway, I've heard that a P06 can be converted into a P28. I have no idea how, as I've never done anything like that... but it may be something to look into. 93twodoorLX is always a good source of P06s

Comment

I'm as free as a bird.

Comment

no a p07 is not the same as a p28, as the p28 controls vtec. all of those civic ecus are really similar, just some with extra or less components on the board. if you can find what they are somewhere online you can convert em to each other. im running a chipped p05, converted p28 (runs vtec) but bustedlx had done it, not me.

really as long as the board natively supports everything you need/want (vtec, iab, knock, stuff like that) most of them have the outlined section of where the chip it. so im assuming itd probably be easy to chip a p07, unless its an oddball.
              Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-14-2007, 12:11 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

p07 is from the the civic vx. it's vtec and when chipped, can be identical to a p28.

something about 5 wire o2. There's only been a few that have successfully chipped one. I'm pretty sure they disabled the o2 tho, so it wouldn't throw a code. I'm just not sure how to go about chipping it(duno if it uses the same components or not)

looks just like this

Comment

well i have been told that a P06 kicks real hard and sounds good also. does anyone back that statement?

Comment

I've never had an ecu kick me at all.

But I do know that when you chip an ecu, you can burn a map on there that can run your setup.

After you get that, you need to tune it so it will run flawlessly.

Don't go around changing ecu's because you hear they kick hard(still never had one kick me).

Read my thread on how to chip in the ecu/tuning forum.
                    Last edited by d112crzy; 05-14-2007, 12:34 AM.

Comment

well to start off i agree with you my statments might sound like im a ricer boy. the way i worded it i agree. I was baseing this info off of what i was told.

Comment

Don't ever do that.

Research everything.

Comment

Working...
                        X