Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

crx clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crx clutch?

will a crx clutch work for the 92 accord lx?

Most likely no.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

maby ill just have to find out then. i got a buddy tryin to get rid of parts and is gonna give me one fer free so what the hell y not

Comment

yeah, I would say no because the aftermarket part numbers are different for the CRX to the Accord

These are Exedy part numbers for the pressure plate itself.
        CRX = 08802, 08803, 08801B
        whereas the Accord 90-97 = 08805

These are ACT part numbers:
        CRX = H-014, H-016, H-023, and H-023X
        Accord 90-02= H-026

If the part numbers don't match, the parts don't either. Besides that...you are thinking about putting a clutch from a 1.5 or 1.6 engine on a 2.2 or 2.3 engine. The torque loads are way different and the clamping forces needed are different also.

I wouldn't risk it. you might end up needing a new flywheel and other parts if things go wrong.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moe
          maby ill just have to find out then. i got a buddy tryin to get rid of parts and is gonna give me one fer free so what the hell y not
          Are you kidding me? There is no way in hell a clutch from a crx will work in your car. CRX = D series, Accord = F series, completely different motors/transmissions.

Comment

Originally posted by 93H22LX
            Are you kidding me? There is no way in hell a clutch from a crx will work in your car. CRX = D series, Accord = F series, completely different motors/transmissions.
            Exactly what I am saying in a roundabout way.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

its way too small, wrong bolt patterns

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thats a BIG FAT no...
                "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
                ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
                US Navy Electrician
                Contact me if you need help on the side.
                '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
                '01 Civic LX
                '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

haha WOW. thanks for not wantin me to mess my car up and i would have done more research about it but i wanted to see if it was even possible if they would line up 1st

Comment

Working...
                  X