Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

spark plug wires!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spark plug wires!

i have a 91 accord 2dr lx
    i just got new spark plugs and iw ant to get new wires for my car im thinkin about getting some red ones to make it look good.
    i want to know what size i need 10mm? 10.5m? 9mm?
    theres alot of options or will either work?!
    anyone please help before i buy

any will work, but dont base your decision on thickness, base it on quality/brand of the wires. supposedly "thicker is better" but it isnt, if the wires are shitty.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ok well i really dont know if these will be good what do you think?
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...16109067QQrdZ1

Comment

I Got Them Wires!!! lol BTW They r Pritty Nice for The Price, and look good too...
        "Black92Accord's NEW Acura TSX"

W/ Navi But Auto
        -----------------------------
        SOLD
        1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr. With a 5speed Manual Trans, Black Exterior with Black/Tan Interior
        SOLD

Comment

You might as well use wire and run it individually to your plugs and those arent worth anything. You want good wires? NGK or OEM. MSD is decent but they dont fit well. Nology/Magnecor havent heard any good about them.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i like both msd and nology. stay with stock thickness. changing thickness with stock ignition changes resitance whick can possibly cause some problems. stay with the same thickness. msd and nology both do not claim any hp gains only electronic noise suppression. suppression is key so the thousands of volts will not hinder the sensors from communicating with the computer correctly.
            word...

Comment

what about those spoon sports wires???? anyone ever had any experiance with them

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

i bought a set of generic ones from a local auto parts place and the rubber plug part of the wires were able to slide up and down the wires independantly -- which meant that the connection wasnt as secured. vibrations from driving caused one of the plugs to come loose one day (right after a tune up) and my car cut off on the road --

obviously i assumed i had bigger problems...turned out it was the stupid plugs i just replaced...the plugs function fine though...i just had to make damn sure the thing was plugged 'in' and didnt just appear to be plugged in because the rubber part was on the cap (partly my fault for not double checking, but then again...never had to 'make sure' with my old ngk wire, because plugged in was plugged in!)

Member's Ride Thread | DMV Summer Meet 2011
                Q: Why is your pants around your ankles? Answer

Comment

OEM or NGK like Nail said. For any 4cyl not pushing over 200 hp then its pointless. OEM spark is strong enough.
                  ]

Comment

Originally posted by Jtschupp04
                    i like both msd and nology. stay with stock thickness. changing thickness with stock ignition changes resitance whick can possibly cause some problems. stay with the same thickness. msd and nology both do not claim any hp gains only electronic noise suppression. suppression is key so the thousands of volts will not hinder the sensors from communicating with the computer correctly.
                    Que? Search for spark plug comparison on Honda Tech. Most people will not run Nology because they just suck. MSD is a lot better than nology other than the fitment issue. Yes it has some power gain. NGK/OEM were tested. The OEM did pretty well for being however old it was during the test. I think it was on some B series or a boosted setup. Forgot what it was.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I just bought all 5 wires form honda cost me $130 with discount fuckin expensive shit, but oem is best. the ngk's are like half the price and there almost the same as stock

My Members Ride Page

Comment

I have 10mm Ractive wires and they work great. I've never had a problem with fitment or not being connected and it gives a better spark than stock. I got them off ebay for like 20 bucks and it was completely worth it.
                        R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
                        FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
                        Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

im running taylor 10 mm wires and got no problems, on my crx im running accel 9 mm got them from here
                          www.summitracing.com
                          fairly priced to me?

Comment

OEM IS STILL THE BESTISIST IF YOU CAN AFFORD haha yes I said it eat my made up words.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I refuse to use anything but NGk on all the Honda motors I build, from my own stock motor to 800whp turbo B20 VTEC's.

-Kyle
                              SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                              -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Working...
                              X