Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tierods???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tierods???

so i was driving on the freeway about 80 and i heard this banging from the right front wheel of the car (i was also paying attention to the road and didnt hit anything). so i begin to slow down not really using the brakes just coasting and i pull over to the side of the road. i get out of the car and look underneth and nothing seems to be wrong.

i get back on the freeway and the car picks up the same way. but traffic begins to stop pretty fast so i used the brakes pretty hard. as i do this the car pulls to the right real hard. it was a strugle to keep the car in my own lane it was so bad.

i get the car home and i hear a bumping around as im driving down my dirt road driveway. and i stop the car. so i pull the tire off and look underneth and i can move the tie rod i beleve with my hand. and on the other side it doesnt move.

so im sorry for this being so long but my question is this. on both sides the ball joints are shot. what do i need to buy?

you say its moves right?? then you need an outer tie rod you might as well replace both theyll run you about 50-60 dollars each at your local autozone or advanced auto dont know what you have over where you live...then youll prob need a wheel alignment....i did

^^MY OLD RIDE
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

yep TIE ROD similar story with me just wheni get up in speed liek 80 or so the car would shake and bare left bad i was like o shit wtf is goin on. i changed my upper ball joint and it doesnt shake. but for inspection my tie rold was loose so i fixed that and the car responds way better.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

so i just need the two outer tie rods not the inner ones

Comment

alright so i got the outer ones off and one of the inner ones moves around and the other one doesnt. so do i need to replace the inner tie rod? and how do u get that mother off.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmcnotbuff
            alright so i got the outer ones off and one of the inner ones moves around and the other one doesnt. so do i need to replace the inner tie rod? and how do u get that mother off.
            buy the secret treasure map... its located inside of a book called "Haynes Repair Manual" and its 13 steps past the wiper blades at your local parts store...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i have a haynes manuel. it has how to take the outer one off but not the inner one. so if anyone could actualy answer my question that would be awsome.

Comment

You need a tool to pull it off that clamps on. But most people just get a new steering rack since everything is basically new.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

when i bought my 90' it had a bad right tie rod, and it cost 50 bux plus labor and a wheel aligment total =160$.. not too bad but still, it rides shitty cuz i have snow tires on it, n e one who wants to donate tires/wheels send it here good luck with ur problem man!

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
                  out of the game for now but looking

Comment

you might as well get the inner and the outer tierods since it is a bitch to take the outer ones off the inner ones if they are as old as they are. My outer tierods wouldnt come off so I just bought brand new inner ones too but then I never got the chance to install them because my car got totalled. You can get them cheap on ebay, usualy both for the price of one.

Possible owner of a CB7 in the near future

Comment

Working...
                    X