Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

is the trunk light always on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the trunk light always on?

this might be a dumb question but...

short of enclosing myself in my trunk, is the trunk light in our trunks always supposed to stay on? i wired up a 2nd light in the trunk and i went to check if it was still on after closing the trunk by unfolding the rear seats. boom, still on. now, for most it wouldn't really matter, but i needed more light in the trunk, so i wired up an extra light, but i DON'T want it on all the time because it'll get hot. i hope i don't have to lock anyone in the trunk to prove right or wrong

No its supposed to shut off when the trunk is closed. And I only recall the 3rd gen Accord having a switch next to the light to override it. That also might have only been on the hatchback.
    '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
    EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33
      No its supposed to shut off when the trunk is closed. And I only recall the 3rd gen Accord having a switch next to the light to override it. That also might have only been on the hatchback.

hmm.. is there a switch on the rear seats also?

Comment

no, the only switch is part of the latch assembly on the trunk lid. single wire, black connector.

i tried hooking up a second light directly to the trunk light and it blew a fuse... lol.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ya by the sounds of it either your trunk is not closing all the way or the swwitch for the light is bad

Comment

i'll try replacing the switch..

how can i tell if it isn't closing all the way? i mean, everything is flush when it is closed

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
              i'll try replacing the switch..

how can i tell if it isn't closing all the way? i mean, everything is flush when it is closed

Shut the trunk lid and unfold your back seat. Let it sit for a while, long enough for the light bulb to cool down if it is off. Then open the trunk and check the temperature of the light bulb right away. If it's cool, then it wasn't on all the time, vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by flin1981
                Shut the trunk lid and unfold your back seat. Let it sit for a while, long enough for the light bulb to cool down if it is off. Then open the trunk and check the temperature of the light bulb right away. If it's cool, then it wasn't on all the time, vice versa.

i've done that already, except i shut the trunk lid, unfolded the rear seats, and watched the light. it never turned off

Comment

ok.. if not mistaken on the accords we do have a dummy light in the cluster to tell you if you trunk is closed or not. that switch is on the latch itself. the trunk light if not mistaken runs off the same switch which means if your dummy light is on then you just might have to tweak the switch inside the latch to get the light to turn off. if not.. just pull the light and wire up another one like on a popper switch so that when your trunk opens the light comes on.. they are pretty common on alarm systems. i have done that for underhood lights too.. trunks are the same thing.

Originally posted by Devergote
                  A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords
                    ok.. if not mistaken on the accords we do have a dummy light in the cluster to tell you if you trunk is closed or not. that switch is on the latch itself. the trunk light if not mistaken runs off the same switch which means if your dummy light is on then you just might have to tweak the switch inside the latch to get the light to turn off. if not.. just pull the light and wire up another one like on a popper switch so that when your trunk opens the light comes on.. they are pretty common on alarm systems. i have done that for underhood lights too.. trunks are the same thing.

well, i know my cluster dummy light works correctly because when i pop the trunk, it goes on, and when it's closed, the light is off. so that can be ruled out i guess. is there anything else i can do to fix this damn light problem?

Comment

off topic... anyone know where i can get a blue trunk light?
                      I've tried looking a little, but i can't find the bulb number
                      MRT

Comment

Originally posted by ryaniskingofyou
                        off topic... anyone know where i can get a blue trunk light?
                        I've tried looking a little, but i can't find the bulb number

the bulb is a 3022 i believe. and a blue bulb would just be too light. let's get back on topic

Comment

haha, thanks.
                          yeah, i dont ever remember mine being on all the time, but i do have that same problem in my glove box. I think mine's just because its too fill of stuff to shut all the way tho
                          MRT

Comment

The title to this thread cracks me up everytime I see it...........
                            2002 WRX Wagon = My Baby
                            1993 CB7 Accord Ex Sedan = View it here

Comment

Working...
                            X