Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What do you guys think about Racing Chips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think about Racing Chips?

do you think they actually work??? I was thinking about buying one...... do they give more HP?? jst wondering? And does anyone know how to take off the Govt Chip off??? F22A1?
    CB7 - JDM!!
    second picture removed due to excessive signature size. please read the rules.

from what i have heard those cheap ones off of ebay dont do shit...they are a resistor or something (if im wrong someone please correct me) but thats what i heard from a few buddies

Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #41

92 ex 5spd

Comment

DO NOT buy those chips. All they do is make your car run rich and it's a waste of money. I bought one a few years back and never installed it because I learned that they were crap.

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

If you want to chip something do it right ther first time. Buy a p06 and tune it.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

buy the chip if you like wasting money.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
            buy the chip if you like wasting money.
            Oryou can run to Radio shack, get a resistor, and some wire lol.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Please do not get a chip. They WILL hurt your car. Their basic function is to advance timing and dump more fuel, it will hurt the motor significantly after a while... Get chrome or hondata or even an apexi controller if you want to alter timing/fuel maps... What are you modifications to the car?
              Max

Comment

whats your goal?

Whats the point of buying a chip? Are you trying to achieve high hp? or? Cheap mods to net higher hp?

The fastest and cheapest way to get a high NET hp is forced induction (well nitrous oxide but, bottles are for baby's)

Save your money, and save up for a turbo. Or an H-series swap
                90-2D 5spd. Turbo/Shaved/slammed/kitted/4200watts/laptop&Tvs...

Ova 17G's invested in mah AZN ride!

Comment

Preset chips are for preset modifications and unless you have them exact modifications, you're screwed. Even then, each engine responds different and you may have your ignition timing set differently or cam timing set different (milled head, etc).

Best to be tuned on your car properly.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by hondawonderboy
                    Whats the point of buying a chip? Are you trying to achieve high hp? or? Cheap mods to net higher hp?

The fastest and cheapest way to get a high NET hp is forced induction (well nitrous oxide but, bottles are for baby's)

Save your money, and save up for a turbo. Or an H-series swap
                    Bottles are for babie This is one of the funniest terms I hear when it comes to modifying a car. Call it what you will but Nitrous is an excellent way of gaining power and if you don't use it much (only at the track) then it is cheaper than boosting. I agree that boosting is probably better, but saying that nitrous is for babies isen't right

SOLD!!
                    Boosted H22
                    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

The best way to find out if a mod will really work BEFORE you buy it is to learn the principles behind it. Learn WHY it works... or should work... and you'll quickly be able to tell.

The "chips" that are nothing but resistors usually just fool your ECU into thinking the engine is taking in more cold air... more cold air (which is denser... oxygen content makes power) results in more fuel. According to them, more fuel means more power. More fuel usually just means poor mpg, a black bumper, and an engine that gets all crapped up with gunk. Fooling your ECU into thinking it's getting more cold air doesn't do anything because it is NOT getting the cold air! It's the air that matters, not what the ECU thinks.

There are also the chips that are actual ECU chips. Many of them supposedly have a Spoon or Mugen program on them. The first thing you need to ask is: "did Spoon or Mugen EVER make anything for the F22?" If you discover that they do (I never have) then perhaps you should look further. What do these chips do? Why are they supposed to make power? A custom ECU tune should be just that... CUSTOM. Even if the chips are real, Spoon and Mugen have NO idea what you have done to your engine. I'm sure your Ractive intake and rainbow-colored Ebay cheapie header are NOT what they had in mind when writing these programs! The chances of such a chip making power are slim... most of them just richen up the mixture, and perhaps move the powerband a little lower (so people who don't know any better think it FEELS faster... because the butt dyno is just soooo accurate!) Again, poor fuel economy if it's richer. If it happens to create a lean mixture, you could do serious damage.

We have a forum here dedicated to ECU tuning. If you're interested, read what's there now, and feel free to post there once you reach 30 posts yourself!

Comment

False advertisment at its finest

Comment

Drop in a pt6 from a f22a6 and call it a day

pt6=No speed gov.

Also a f22a6 or h23a intake manifold would shake some hp out of your f22a1

check the for sale section somoeone probally has a pt6 for sale

Comment

only mods Are looks for now havent done anything else to the motor only some cheap ebay headers and 2 peace cold air intake..... thats it ..... loooking forward for my H22A though
                            CB7 - JDM!!

Comment

yeah im probably just going to save for my H22A swap i was just wondering about the chips lol
                              CB7 - JDM!!

Comment

Working...
                              X