Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

3.0 v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.0 v6

anyone know of someone putting in the 3.0 v6 in our cars

its not sensible "at all" to do. Way to many easier swaps out there and they are way better than the v6. There is the H23, H22, F20, F22b1, f20, etc..... These are way easier motors to work with as well.

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Yea a shit load of people if you search. They are all talk but they dont back it up. And its pointless as already mentioned. It would be cool but not worth it in the end IMO.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

its only a matter of time before somebody tries it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

dO IT CB7noob!!!!'

Pigpen whats the difference between the F20 and the f20?

Comment

I would agree that it isn't easy, and there are easier swaps out there.

However.

What do you have to do to an H22 or F22 to get it to 265+ WHP?

Yup. You are going to have to build or boost it.

A J30A4 or A5 will do it with a few good boltons.

At 4lbs of supercharger boost, they lay down around 300WHP.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

It would just be awesome because no one has done it. Like the guy with the f22 in his civic. Just cool. But lots more expensive...
              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

just stroke out a 95 cd6 v6... other than that, dont waste ur time, too costly to even find a 3.0 v6 and install it in a cb
                1990 Accord EX Sold
                1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
                1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                  It would just be awesome because no one has done it. Like the guy with the f22 in his civic. Just cool. But lots more expensive...
                  F22 in civics have been used in a couple but its not a popular swap. Bisi was the first to experiment with the f22a sohc and I remember another dude on HT having one in his hatch.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

V6's have very very very little aftermarket support
                    RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                      f22hb. he has a f22 in his civic hatch. its pretty quick!

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                      New people click here

Comment

Honda has several 3.0 liter V6's.

They are cheaper than an H22.

It amazes me that everyone says that an H22 is a worthwhile swap because it goes right in, and they have no problem paying $2500+ for a complete swap.

I can get a J30 for $600 or so, and the transmission for about that.

That puts me at $1200 for something that has AT LEAST 200HP and 195lb/ft of torque, both at much lower RPM's than the H22 produces.

Since the only manual transmission available for that engine is the 6 speed, I also have a gearing advantage.

With bolt ons, the LEAST powerful J30 will put down 200WHP and almost as much torque, while a J30 from the current gen Accord usually puts down about 215-220WHP STOCK.

With bolt ons, I can get it to 250WHP. By bolt ons, I mean intake, exhaust, downpipes, TB spacer, crank pulley, and Hondata style IM gaskets.

Not a lot of stuff, and not very expensive either.

The V6 doesn't have a lot of aftermarket support, but considering that most built H22 don't make 250WHP, I don't think it really needs it.

Oh yeah, and unless its boosted, the H22 will NEVER make as much torque.

Also, the J series V6's LOVE the boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                          dO IT CB7noob!!!!'

Pigpen whats the difference between the F20 and the f20?
                          could be F20 dohc and f20 sohc
                          Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                            Honda has several 3.0 liter V6's.

They are cheaper than an H22.

It amazes me that everyone says that an H22 is a worthwhile swap because it goes right in, and they have no problem paying $2500+ for a complete swap.

I can get a J30 for $600 or so, and the transmission for about that.

You dont think the overall cost of a j series drivetrain, axles, modifications to the cb7 chassis(mounts), on board dianostics II, Ecu, Exhaust, etc would surpass the h22?

Hmmm... I thought it would............................ interesting......
                            I think its a good idea though. Be one fast honda that actually has torque. LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                              You dont think the overall cost of a j series drivetrain, axles, modifications to the cb7 chassis(mounts), on board dianostics II, Ecu, Exhaust, etc would surpass the h22?

Hmmm... I thought it would............................ interesting......
                              I think its a good idea though. Be one fast honda that actually has torque. LOL...
                              I don't know because I have never done it, but if you can get an engine and tranny for around $1200, that gives you almost $1300 to play with.

You can usually find a deal on the 6 speeds if you look hard enough, but even if you can't, you can get an LSD 6 speed from a TL for about $900.

That isn't much more than what M2B4s go for, and they typically have about 25-50K on them.

So even at those prices, we may be at about $1500, which still gives you $700 or more to play with.

You usually end up replacing a bunch of stuff with the H22 swap anyway, and you may not need to in this case, but you would have some $$ to play with if you did.

The biggest issues would be mounts, axles and ECU.

Most of the hoses like A/C and powersteering etc, you could make with braided stainless hose and fitting which actually isn't that expensive.

It may also prove to be a better option to modify the wiring harness to make an OBD-I ECU run the car.

I would bet that the NSX ECU has the same connectors as rest of the OBD-I Honda ECU's, so perhaps something like AEM's EMS would work.

If you used a newer J series, you would have to replace the Throttle body with a cable actuated one because the newer ones are drive by wire, but that isn't hard to find either.

Ultimately, it would probably be more, at least the 1st time out because of the learning curve, but to get it to 250WHP, you would need the swap, and a few bolt ons.

With the H22, you are going to have to pretty much fully build it.

250WHP to 250WHP, you might be able to get pretty close.

Comment

Working...
                              X