Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Header Heat Sheild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header Heat Sheild

I'm going to get a buddy to do some polishing on a few parts under the hood the first thing to polishwill be my header heat sheild, should i drive my car with this removed ? will it wreck anything if i drive my car without it ??

Originally posted by cp[mike]
    the joys of digging into an old car, its like christmas every time you try to fix something. "woohoo!! more rust and broken parts! sweet!!!"

Nope your good.

Comment

Thanx, i was pretty sure i could, beter to be safe then sorry though.

the joys of digging into an old car, its like christmas every time you try to fix something. "woohoo!! more rust and broken parts! sweet!!!"

Comment

Ya, deff. You might even have some surprises under that heat sheild too. Most exaust manifolds are cracked like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
          Ya, deff. You might even have some surprises under that heat sheild too. Most exaust manifolds are cracked like crazy.
          well i was going to pick up a new header but thought i would wait, maybe with removing the sheild it will force me to buy one.

Comment

Ya, who knows. Its always a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
              Ya, who knows. Its always a surprise.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

well it seems like there is more to just unbolting it and pulling it out, seems i have to remove other parts to get the damn thing off, oh what fun,lol

Comment

???Its only like 3 bolts holding on the heat shield and it should come right off if I recall. YOu gotta jiggle it a bit.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Ya it looks like it comes right off but i can't get it, it is getting hung up on my A/C lines and the way the shield bends at the bottom it won't come off.

Comment

more jiggling? Don't remeber it bein much trouble.

Comment

you have to wiggle it out at a cetain angle. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                          you have to wiggle it out at a cetain angle. later.
                          I been wigglin for ever, i'll finish this off tomorrow, it's cold out and i can't get in my garage (roomate is moving out and it's full of crap)

Comment

I have a question though if you plan on running an aftermarket header what use will the heat shield be? Just a question lol.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                              I have a question though if you plan on running an aftermarket header what use will the heat shield be? Just a question lol.
                              I was going to buy a new header (future plans now) till then i want my engine bay to look sparkly clean, if i was to find a crack in my header when i removed the shield then i would forget about the it and just buy the new header.

Comment

Working...
                              X