Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 or F22 intake for H22 swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 or F22 intake for H22 swap?

My original AEM F22 intake got jacked from my car and as I am about to do a H22 swap, should I get an intake for H22 Or F22? Since I still have the F22 in for a few more weeks, will the F22 intake fit the H22 without modification, or, if I buy an intake made for the H22, will it fit the F22 until I do the swap. I think they are almost the same but I have not been able to find out for sure.
    My Ride

h22 has a larger throttle body than the f22. AEM intake pipes come size matched, most other generic ebay ones dont. an aem f22 intake wont easily fit the new TB... but if you get an ebay pipe, itll easily fit either.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

so will the h22 intake fit into the f22 location and I can just crimp it down for a few weeks?
      My Ride

Comment

Why don't you just get a h22 one and put the stock one on the f22 until you get the h22?

Comment

Or just purchase one on ebay for cheaper and strap on a good filter. My generic one was 3" and I used it on my F22A6 and now I am using it on my H22A.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

wtf are you people talking about h22 intake, f22 intake. I have never heard of different intakes for one car for diff swaps. In my 92 accord that i did an h23 swap in, i was able to use my "f22 intake" or my 90-93 aem intake, but for bigger tubing i found an ebay SRI for a 94-97 accord in the junk yard with the same size piping as an 94-97 injen and it fit fine, i think it is 4 or 5 inch. Now that intake is on my buddies prelude with an h22 and it is perfect. So in short just get a aem or injen for a 94-97 accord or 92-95 prelude vtec. bambam
            vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

As for those intakes being 4-5" thats too big. Unless you can remeasure them. The F22b's were almost identical to the A's so them being an inch or two bigger in diameter for intake piping is kinda off...Anyway ebay it unless you really want name brand.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

that's exactly what I was looking for. I know you can make it work with some other ebay crap but I actually bought one and returned it cause it fit like shit. Thanks for the info
                My Ride

Comment

Then you have to ask yourself.... is the +1 HP and -15 ft lbs loss in torque worth having an eBay intake on the car in the first place?

If this was a serious question, lord help us all...

IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE PUTTING AN H22A IN THE CAR, WHY NOT GET SOMETHING MEANT TO FIT IT LONG TERM VS. TEMP...

I can't even believe this was a question...
                  94 Cobra down for aluminum headed 306 swap (no VTEC)
                  03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege K&N air filter 15.5's

Comment

Originally posted by Jason94Cobra
                    Then you have to ask yourself.... is the +1 HP and -15 ft lbs loss in torque worth having an eBay intake on the car in the first place?

If this was a serious question, lord help us all...

IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE PUTTING AN H22A IN THE CAR, WHY NOT GET SOMETHING MEANT TO FIT IT LONG TERM VS. TEMP...

I can't even believe this was a question...

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

anybody running a AEM RM 92-96 prelude on there h22 swap???

Comment

learn

Learn something new everyday

Comment

I agree with Jason94cobra...just get the h22 intake if you are gonna get the h22 itself. That would save your worries..And HOW did your aem f22 intake get jacked?

*Needs*
                          -New shocks
                          -Struts
                          -Drop
                          -Cleaning
                          -New Tires/Wheels
                          -New Window Tint
                          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Working...
                          X