Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How well would a CB be for towing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How well would a CB be for towing?

I know this CB can tow a trailer full of rubbish quite well and easily (about 3/4 the weight of a car), but how would it go about towing another Accord for about 200 miles?

H22A Vigor
    SR20 Accord

Its going to put a lot of strain on the driveline but its doable. But I would get or borrow a truck to be on the safe side.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

it also depends on the way your gonna tow it. What are you using?

Comment

I'm planning on using a A-frame

H22A Vigor
        SR20 Accord

Comment

just borrow a truck. although i towed my dads chevy 1500 10miles w/ my accord.

Comment

I forget where at on the vehicle, but somewhere on your car, (i.e. door jams, hood, trunk, etc) it tells you what the towing capacities are. It also tells you tongue weights, trailer weights, all the info you should need. I imagine someone like cpMike oughtta know this...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

^^thanks.

What does Unbraked and Braked mean? the specs say it can take 750KG (1653lbs) Unbraked and 1200KG(2645lbs) Braked

H22A Vigor
              SR20 Accord

Comment

that means the weights you're able to pull if the trailer has an integrated brake. there are two styles. one works on momentum. the tounge is in 2 pieces and they slide relative to each other (a very small amount). when the one connected to the rest of the trailer slides forward, the brakes are applied. when it slides back, like when taking off, it releases them.
                the second style is switched with your taillights (i believe).

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i would just borrow a truck no point of messin up your accord
                  Speed kills so save a life and drive domestic cars... haha

Comment

anywhere official would say to NEVER try it. you need to realize that youll now be pulling a 6000lb car, with a 130hp 2.2liter. youre also stopping a 6000lb car with your standard passenger car brakes...

if most of it is highway where you can cruise for long periods of time, i guess you could pull it off, but youd have to be VERY careful with slowing down early, and such. youll get horrible gas mileage for sure.

itd be easier to borrow a truck

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

well most of the way would be highway cruising speeds, the car can be driven over the hills etc.. it just cant be driven for long

H22A Vigor
                      SR20 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Overdosed F20A5
                        well most of the way would be highway cruising speeds, the car can be driven over the hills etc.. it just cant be driven for long
                        Get a truck or find a buddy with a truck. It could even be a POS like maples old truck. Rent one do it you wont regret it. I wouldnt use my cb to tow anything thats just me. As I said earlier its doable but your gonna be risking things as already mentioned by members. Its better to spend a lil money and do it safe rather than risking your own car.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

true, very true :thumbup:

honda shouldnt have put towbars on these cars if they wernt made for towing :rant:

H22A Vigor
                          SR20 Accord

Comment

if you tow something with your car u can kiss your tranny goodbye. I wouldnt even tow a lawnmower let alone anything else
                            WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

yea when i see an accord with a trailer behind it or even a vehicle etc it looks so stupid...why....it wasnt meant to be...sure its *possible* but it doesnt look right because you just know its not correct.

CPMike explained it pretty well, everything component wise on your car was designed and tested to work with around 2200-2500 lbs....when you double that your asking for trouble...just rent or borrow a truck...never worth damaging your cb....

and on a sidenote even if it would work perfect, if someone cuts you off or slams on their brakes your deff fucked....

Comment

Working...
                              X