Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how to install ebay resistor/chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to install ebay resistor/chip

hey guys, i know everyone says that they dont work and just waste gas, but i already got it and want to try it out, i couldnt find out how to install it on google, i also searched about it here b4 i made this post, thanks guys

waht?? are those like the 20+ HP chip??

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

if u got what i think u got... it solders somewhere inthe ecu... i dont kno exactly where but somewhere in there, i never tried those cuz im not tryin 2 fuk up my ecu jus yet... if u get it 2 work and see improvement, let us kno
      1990 Accord EX Sold
      1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
      1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

do not put that pieace of shit in your car it will fuck ur motor up my making it to rich and washing the rings out till you suck a ring
        fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

the socket that it goes into is located inside of the nearest trash receptacle.

the descriptions are vague, but if its what i think it is, its a resistor that you basically connect in place of the intake air temp sensor. it makes the ecu think the air is colder, which in turn would make it run richer. which doesnt make you go faster, its just a waste of gas.

dont waste a cent on it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Listen... your vehicle uses various sensors to properly control the air to fuel ratio going into your engines combustion chamber. One of those various sensors is the IAT (Intake air temperature) sensor.

The purpose of that sensor is to properly adjust the ratio of air to fuel in different temperatures. When it is really cold outside air is denser so more fuel is required to offset the amount of air molecules entering the combustion chamber. This helps keep the burn efficient.

Introducing that resistor changes the value of resistance read by the ECU making it believe the ambient temperature is colder then it really is. So to preserve the engine and produce an efficient burn the computer will dump more fuel into the mixture.

It’s really not a good idea but if you still wish to do it install it on either of the IAT sensors wires. The IAT sensor is located on the left side of the intake manifold near the base if I remember correctly on the OE mani.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Sell it before you throw it in your car. Everyone basically covered the rest.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thats good 2 kno, so is there any other cheap ways to make my car a little faster besides an intake and exhaust? and you know how on the intake manifold there is like 5 small tubes held together by a piece of plastic? the tube that came with the intake wasnt long enough so now it pinches the 1st tube(top one) and on the right side of the engine it goes to something the size of a dollar coin that says up, is this bad for the engine?

Comment

o yea and my car is an automatic

Comment

There are no quick fixes... And other than the basic bolt-on mods, the next nearly affordable things often require a little more in preparation (a cam, for example, would benefit greatly from dyno tuning, as the car won't run properly with the stock ECU... so that means a chipped P06 or similar, or a standalone... and dyno time.)

Cheap I/H/E won't do too much. Spend the money for good parts (with the proper diameters and quality bends) and you'll see the best gains possible.

After intake, header, and exhaust, you can look into lightweight pulleys. Accessory pulleys are good (as long as you aren't running heavy electronics), and a crank pulley is debatable (I personally like mine, and have been running it for years now). Don't buy cheap pullies though. Spend the money for AEM or Unorthodox Racing.

A high flow catalytic converter, like the ones offered by SMSP, can also free up some power (even though my car is not emissions compliant, I still try my best to keep from polluting! I won't run without a cat on the streets!)

After doing the basic bolt-ons, the car could still benefit greatly from tuning. It's been my experience that I/H/E causes a fairly rich situation. Leaning that out will save gas, keep your bumper clean, and allow for a bit more power and response.

The next most affordable option would be nitrous. $600 for a Zex dry kit is decent, and a 50-75 shot is pretty safe on good gas with the proper spark plugs. The only downside is that it isn't full-time power... and it does run out.

A Delta cam regrind, or a cam from Bisimoto, can unleash some power... but as I mentioned above, the car won't run to it's greatest potential without being tuned. If you're going to tune, might as well get an ajdustible cam gear as well (Busted doesn't like them, if I recall... ) I've heard that the Delta 260 cam is better suited to automatic than the popular 272. I've never experienced either, myself. (funny, because I owned a 272... )

The cheapest way to make your car a bit faster is to drop some weight. You won't gain any power, but you'll make better use of the power that you have. If you can bear to yank your AC (completely), you can shave off about 80lbs. Power steering, cruise control, spare tire, interior stuff, stock metal parts that can be replaced with lightweight stuff... I know of many a CB7 that's running at a 2500-2600lb curb weight. I believe kentucky_accord went totally buck nutty and has his car around 1800lbs! I don't think it's much good for street driving though.

The H22 swap is still the most reliable and cost effective way to add a significant amount of full time power.

Comment

lol damn good info thanks deevergote, i just ordered a test pipe off ebay for about 40 shipped, i guess ill just save the rest of my money for an h22 and a manual tranny, wgerhgjkhw I HATE CALIFORNIA!! we have the stricktest emissions in the US, gotta be careful not to get pulled over with a test pipe, 1500$ and impound your car, lookin to get a ninja zx6r in october

Comment

Working...
                      X