Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How do you remove oil pan the right way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you remove oil pan the right way?

Im going to attempt to swap my bros oil pan to my car thurs/fri so my cars good by the meet.

I was wondering if anyone knew the proper way to do it. I really dont want to remove the downpipe to get it off.

Can i get in there with a small ratchet to remove the 10mm bolts?

LMK I wanna do this as quickly as possible

Also, since im broke, i dont have any money on a new gasket. If i clean off the old one and add a little hondabond think it should hold up for a few weeks?

LMK I need to take care of this fast

YOu need to drop the DP either way just unbolt the 3 14mm off the cat and where it connects to the header. You can try some hondabond or reuse the old gasket with some on there and that should hold for a while. Thats if the old gasket aint fucked up.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

youll also have to drop that cross beam, but thats easy.

you can reuse the OP gasket if its not crusty and cracking, but judging by the fact that your car is at a point where the oil pan is actually rusted thru to a point of leakage, i have a feeling the gasket wont be very easily reused...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        youll also have to drop that cross beam, but thats easy.

you can reuse the OP gasket if its not crusty and cracking, but judging by the fact that your car is at a point where the oil pan is actually rusted thru to a point of leakage, i have a feeling the gasket wont be very easily reused...
        But why would you, it's so cheap..... I wouldn't think of risking having to replace it at a later date. Just my 2 cents.
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
          But why would you, it's so cheap..... I wouldn't think of risking having to replace it at a later date. Just my 2 cents.
          i personally would never ever reuse a gasket like that. but this is maple, remember

Current cars:

Comment

i dont remember if you need to remove the trans cover to access the last 2 10 mm bolts. I know i had to do that on an auto, but im unsure abuot the 5 spd

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

man when workin on a car its not good to cut corners. gaskets arent that expensive. if u cant afford to buy one then u shouldnt drive the car till you can buy a fresh new gasket.
              cant wait till im all done

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2

becuase it's 28$ and I dont have 28 for a fucking gasket. Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord2dr
                  man when workin on a car its not good to cut corners. gaskets arent that expensive. if u cant afford to buy one then u shouldnt drive the car till you can buy a fresh new gasket.

If i dont drive car, I cant work, then I cant have money, See my point?

seems like this is gonna be a task becuase the cross bar bolts are all rusted and prob will stripp. JOY.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                    its only $18 at autozone?

why dont you just work at mcdonalds part time?

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                      i dont remember if you need to remove the trans cover to access the last 2 10 mm bolts. I know i had to do that on an auto, but im unsure abuot the 5 spd
                      You have to remove those..i change my OP and i have to remove the transmission cover to get to the last 2 bolts..and i have a 5sp..

Comment

Im going to attempt to swap my bros oil pan to my car thurs/fri so my cars good by the meet.
                        well if you dont have $28 for a gasket, do you really have EXTRA money to waste on gas and go to a meet?

but i doubt youll be able to reuse your old gasket...mine was brocken alot and i didnt have as bad a problem as you do

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Im just going to make it. Im not putting any money into it.

Comment

Working...
                          X