Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22 removal or car with no engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 removal or car with no engine?

Ok so I just pulled my F22A out tonight/this morning and it's currently sitting around till tommrow. I have plans to paint the engine while it's out and clean everything up. The block will be painted and the transmission will be painted as well. I figure if I have the engine out, I might as well put forth the effort and put some decent work into it. Tommrow is going to involve cleaning the engine and preping everything I can. I am removing the entire AC system except the pump (but if anyone knows how to remove the pump and retain a belt around the alt. please let me know). I am thinking of removing the cruse control as I never use it. Cleaning out the entire engine bay while the engine out is also on the list of things to do. The reason I've pulled the engine is to 1)change the timing belt, water pump, oil pan gasket, and oil pump seal and 2)give the engine a once over and inspect everything. I figure while it's out I should do everything I can.

Is there anything more I can do to the engine while it's out? Mind you I probably only have 50 bucks or so left after my purchases of oil, coolant, ATF, paint, sand paper, and parts. I'd like to get this done as soon as possible but I'm willing to take more time doing the job right. Please let me know if I should do anything else. Thaks and I'll try to get some pics up.
    Been a long time. Still alive...

sounds like you're gonna have a nice busy weekend. i hope you have plenty of drinks.

i hope you do take plenty of pics and keep a detailed log of all the steps you take.

what colour do you plan on painting everything?

Comment

remove the ps pump and bracket you just need a smaller belt P/N 060365 from NAPA
      U dont work U dont eat
      U dont grind Udont shine
      1st car 90 CB7 lx auto coupe
      present car 90 CB7 ex clutch coupe
      1st motor f22a1 2nd motor f22a4 present motor JDM H22a with m2b4 trans

Comment

clean the inside of the engine & maybe polish it.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

sounds like my own project. its a lot of work, but if you take the time to do things right, youll be happy with how it turns out.

suggestions: before you paint anything, use degreaser and a brush to clean it, then wipe it clean, then use brake cleaner to get ALL grease/oil off of the surface. THEN paint. Cast Coat Aluminum is a light grey color, looks nice on a block/tranny. theres also the regular high temp Aluminum that comes out shiny like fresh metal, looks awesome as well.

the one thing that makes an engine bay cleaning not turn out as good as possible is leaving brackets and stuff in the bay, and cleaning around them. remove them and clean behind them. theres millions of small brackets and clips all over the bay, dont waste the time cleaning around it if its easy to remove it and clean behind it.

and dont leave the compressor in, just get a smaller belt. like dan said.

cleaning is cheap, and the most visible mod you can do... so save the 50 bucks, youre going to want to spend it on more cans of paint, degreasers, brake cleaner, rags, stuff like that. grab a few rolls of 3M Tartan electrical tape, and re-tape over all of the wiring, itll make it look brand new, and tape is cheap. get the Tartan tape, its the best for taping loom. other types/brands are too stiff and not sticky enough.

good luck sir. its really just more time consuming rather than difficult.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Well, my Cold Air intake is a red color. I was going to go with red for the Valve cover. I'm not quite sure if I want to go with black on the block and tranny or be a bit more stand-outish and do them in red as well. I'm working on getting a power washer to clean out the cracks and get it nice and clean. I should get started again around 8 tonight. My camera man is curently at work. When he get home I'll try and get some pictures up.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW
              Well, my Cold Air intake is a red color. I was going to go with red for the Valve cover. I'm not quite sure if I want to go with black on the block and tranny or be a bit more stand-outish and do them in red as well. I'm working on getting a power washer to clean out the cracks and get it nice and clean. I should get started again around 8 tonight. My camera man is curently at work. When he get home I'll try and get some pictures up.
              power wash the crap out, then brake clean it! brake clean removes ALL oil based products from the metal, its the best way to get paint to stick on a block...

a black block against the red/red would be pretty nice. what color is ur car?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

becareful with some of that brake cleaner shit....it might make your paint melt, and peel....so be careful on were u dont want to spray it....i do recommend sandblasting the crap out of the motor.....it gives it a nice shine plus nice texture!! but its expensive for the medium...but if u dont mind....its nice....have fun geting degrease....oh....make sure u got lots of ventilation....we dont want u to get too high on fumes!!!

Comment

If your car had oil leaks, you might want to replace a lot of the coolant hoses. My old motor had oil leaks which dripped oil on some hoses and made them a lot weaker eventually making them burst. They will be a lot easier to replace when you have the motor out! Along with getting rid of the cruise control and a/c, you should take out the power steering pump, lines, and resevoir along with the abs (if you have it). I think you should relocated the battery to the rear as well. for $50, you'll have to do the battery ghetto with a walmart speaker kit and custom batter box but it will make the engine bay look clean!
                  Former Ride:
                  93 Accord Coupe
                  Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                  Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                  Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                  Black on Black Leather
                  5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
                  C. S. Lewis

Comment

My car is OEM maroon (red). I have a battery in the trunk already but it's mainly to support my sound system. Since I'm running 2700 watts with 2 1-Farad Cap.s I installed a deep cycle battery in the turnk and YES it is a getto mount. But I'm not worried about the trunk as much as the engine bay. I'm looking into a Red block, standard cylinder head, red valve cover, and possibly a black transmission. I dont think it would look too bad. If anyone else has any paint schemes let me know, all opinions are valid and I've not painted anything yet.

Comment

please dont paint your block anything but black or "aluminum color". it will just look tacky

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. I have nothing against them but I think the red block or anything besides black/original would just look too ricy and i'm not that type of guy. The valve cover is definately going red though and maybe a few little odds and ends (bracktes/metal hoses). I just wish that I had around 8K for a turbo kit, built internals, fuel management, electrical, and suspension. HA HA I would have some fun then.

Comment

sorry everyone that I've been away for the past 3 days. One of my friends decided it would be a good idea to remove the wireless router from the house, thus leaving me with no internet. Anyway the progress is as follows. I have the engine back in. I have a new oil pan gasket, timing belts, oil pump seal, and water pump installed. I painted the valve cover red and polished the letters up. I also painted the oil pan itself with the same red. I couldnt get ahold of anyone with a power washer which pisses me off since a few of my friends said "oh we know about 4 people with power washers". Anyway. I also have installed a JDM header.

Whats going on now is that when I crank the engine I get no spark. AHHHHH!!! frustrating.

Comment

OK. Sorry it's taken me forever to get back to everyone. This is what's up. I've got a new ECU on the way to replace my "bad" one and I've finally got some pictures up. I had a stock CB7 and I took the engine out and blah blah blah..... this is what I've got so far.

Yeah, that's my friend Pat. He's kinda crazy. He's also an electrical maniac. But heres a better picture of what I've got.

Comment

Working...
                            X