Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

still idling low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still idling low

well my car has an H22 swap and its still idling really low, i think it has something to do with the vaccum lines on the intake manifold and the throttle body, i know this is a stupid question but could someone post a pic of their engine bay and to show me where the vaccum lines go?? i need too see the ones on the throttle body, and there are two valves that are on the intake manifold, one on the left and one on the right right by the fuel line. a pick would be great, i have no other clue why it would be idling shitty because im not getting any CELs
    if someone could give me picture i would greatly appreciate it. i have to get my car running to par because im putting it on the road soon. thanx
    Last edited by JDMjunkie; 08-02-2006, 05:40 PM.
    new ride
    07 cobalt ss/sc

anyone??
    new ride
    07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

anyone at all?? i need my car running ASAP
      new ride
      07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

If you had a vacuum leak I would think you would have a consistant high idle. What are other symptoms?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well there are some things that are unhooked that have vacuum lines. when i first start the car it idles at around 1500, then it begins to drop to the point where the idle drops to zero and the engine revvs itself back up to stay running, and eventually the car stalls
          new ride
          07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

i'd check the timming and the wiring first. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

well my car now has a CEL. there is a sensor thats unplugged that im not sure where it goes,it looks like its used to measure heat, theres a blue wire that looks like to got cut or broke off, the wire is going through the harness and looks like it goes to the back of the block somwhere. there is also valve of some-sort thats on the intake manifold with a plug for a vacuum line and im not sure what its for. also when i give the car half throttle it only revvs to 4k, but when i give it wide open throttle it revvs to the redline. could it be that wire or sensor?? here are pics in order. can anyone help me?? thanks alot

Last edited by JDMjunkie; 08-03-2006, 03:58 PM.
              new ride
              07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

anyone please?? i need to get the engine running in order
                new ride
                07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

no one can help me????????
                  new ride
                  07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Looks kinda like a knock sensor. What type of ECU are you running? Any CEL?

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by JDMjunkie
                      ... if someone could give me picture i would greatly appreciate it. i have to get my car running to par because im putting it on the road soon. thanx
                      I am unable to post pics. You might want to get a repair/maintenance manual to find the correct connections.

Comment

heres a pic i made a while ago...

the top 3 vac lines go to the throttle body and intake manifold. youve got 2 of them right, i dont see the left one.

there are 2 lines coming from the bottom, the short one is looped back to teh evap canister like you have it, and the long one goes to the EGR valve (your third picture).

make sure any extra opening on the intake manifold is closed! like if you have unused vacuum nipples (there often is, on the driver side of the intake mani), make sure you cap them off.

the loose sensor appears to be the temperature sending unit, its the sensor that makes your temperature gauge on the dashboard get a reading. it has a red wire, correct? it gets installed on the side of the head, under the distributor. if its not installed, youd be losing coolant through the opening... perhaps theres a bolt plugging up the hole? take your distributor off and post a picture of the side of the head if you can.

those extra wires (including the blue one) appear to be added separately, and not stock... so im going to assume they are the wiring for VTEC, the knock sensor, and the IABs. can you follow them and find where they lead?

and its normal for the car to only rev to 4k if you only press the pedal down halfway. it should rev directly related to how much you press the pedal. hardly press it, itll hardly rev up... press it all the way, and itll go flying up to redline.
                        Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-24-2011, 09:19 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thanks for the pic, i think that sensor and wire where used on gauges that were in the car previously because there are no open spots under the distributor, also i have a few more questions, i changed the vacuum lines around like you have them and my CEL went away but the idle is bouning from 800 too around 1300 i believe. i have 3 more nipples for vacuum lines and im not sure how they go, 2 of them are on the intake manifold and the other one is on a valve, i think its the fuel pressure regulator but im not sure here are pics of them. thanks for your help mike, i really appreciate it.

new ride
                          07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

youre correct, the shiny metal thing in the last picture thats on the fuel rail is the fuel pressure regulator. hook up a vacuum line from its nipple to the nipple on the front center of the manifold.

the vacuum line with the 2 zipties on it - does that lead to the cruise control actuator in the front driver side corner? either way, its a vacuum line and its hooked up to the correct spot.

that round metal piece with vacuum line #16 going to it, thats the plunger that opens the secondary runners. where is that vacuum line running to? the nipple on the back of the manifold? if its not connected to anything, connect it to the extra nipple under the one that has the zipties on it. if its already connected to a nipple, thats fine, put a vacuum cap (you can get them from any auto parts store) to plug up the extra nipple thats on the side of the manifold.

the idle revs up and down because there are still open vacuum nipples. once all hooked up and plugged up, it should go away.

dont worry sir, this car will be up and running soon

anything else thats still left disconnected that youre confused about? also, what is that gauge hooked up to?

lastly, im curious what year motor this is, and where you got it. though it all looks fine, some things are a little different from what im used to seeing on h22s, and im curious why that might be.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                              youre correct, the shiny metal thing in the last picture thats on the fuel rail is the fuel pressure regulator. hook up a vacuum line from its nipple to the nipple on the front center of the manifold.

the vacuum line with the 2 zipties on it - does that lead to the cruise control actuator in the front driver side corner? either way, its a vacuum line and its hooked up to the correct spot.

that round metal piece with vacuum line #16 going to it, thats the plunger that opens the secondary runners. where is that vacuum line running to? the nipple on the back of the manifold? if its not connected to anything, connect it to the extra nipple under the one that has the zipties on it. if its already connected to a nipple, thats fine, put a vacuum cap (you can get them from any auto parts store) to plug up the extra nipple thats on the side of the manifold.

the idle revs up and down because there are still open vacuum nipples. once all hooked up and plugged up, it should go away.

dont worry sir, this car will be up and running soon

anything else thats still left disconnected that youre confused about? also, what is that gauge hooked up to?

lastly, im curious what year motor this is, and where you got it. though it all looks fine, some things are a little different from what im used to seeing on h22s, and im curious why that might be.

thanks for all this help mike . Well the vacuum line with the zipties is plugged into a splitter with the #16 line, they both are going to the back of the manifold. im going to get a vacuum line for the regulator, also the car just threw a CEL, could this be because of the fuel pressure regulator? that gauge is hooked up on the fuel line and is measuring the PSI. also im not sure what year the motor is, i bought the car with the engine installed. the tranny is the LSD if that helps.
                              new ride
                              07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Working...
                              X