Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23 manifold does not match up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 manifold does not match up

ok so I went to the junkyard the other day and asked for an h23 intake manifold and I guess I got one but its different than the one used in the h23 intake manifold swap seen here. DIY h23 IM SWAP
    *My engine is an f22a1
    I took a couple pictures and detailed the main differences with colored boxes. The first thing I noticed was the absence of an air starting valve as seen here in red. Rather than having a little device theres only a tube and nowhere to bolt anything on.

Second are the discrepancies in the number and location of nipples on the plenum. There are three pictured nipples on the left whereas theres only 2 in the DIY. Then on the right(also in blue) there are no nipples whatsoever.

Third up is the missing water housing. There aren't even holes to bolt the water housing on the left (pictured in white).

Last but not least the flange doesn't even look the same on these runners. The bolt pattern is very different and as stated above, there is no place to put the water housing by te EGR

When I looked at the receipt it read: " 92-95 Prelude h23 intake manifold. I'd like to know what's going on here and what am I supposed to be looking for. Please specify engine code and car model plus year. As it is now, the guy is willing to trade this IM back for the one I want but I have to know what I wanna get first

...adjust accordingly

i have no clue, but im guessing its an a6 intake mani. it has dual runners too, but im most likely wrong, so let someone else tell you the real difference.

Comment

Im 100% sure its not an f22a6 intake manifold. There are a number of ways to tell the difference starting with the shape and size of the plenum itself.
      Also to note, I have an f22a1 with a 5-speed manual tranny. Will that make a difference in selecting a the manifold Im looking for?

...adjust accordingly

Comment

That's really weird because the upper plenum even has p13 stamped on it. That would mean it's not a D-series or anything....hmmmmm.
        wat

Comment

Although the receipt says 92-95 prelude, I think the actual IM is from a newer model. I looked at a diagram from majestic honda and the upper part I have is from a newer model but the bottom runner is still the same as a 92-96. The diagram on their website for a 92-96 prelude doesnt' have room for the water housing either.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

bumpidee bump

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Are you sure that is not off of a H22? Like a 97 up H22?
              Last edited by KillerCam282; 06-28-2006, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                Are you sure that is not off of a H22? Like a 97 up H22?
                It kinda does look like my h22 IM.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

h23 and h22 both used the a P13 upper plenum, but it looks like the lower half is stamped P13 too, which would lead me to assume its an H22 full manifold...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                    h23 and h22 both used the a P13 upper plenum, but it looks like the lower half is stamped P13 too, which would lead me to assume its an H22 full manifold...
                    agreed.

definitely not the H23 lower half b/c the egr ports arent epoxy'd. (thats to my understanding)

Comment

yeah, those are H22 intake runners
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 09-27-2006, 11:37 AM.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                      91 accord lx (5spd)
                      92 accord lx (5spd)
                      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

You should go back to that yard and ask if they have the motor that goes with that manifold!

Comment

h23 and f22b manifolds also have the p13 stamp so that means nothing in this case. i would say its from a 97+ h series... looks like my f23 mani thats from a 98.

Comment

I strongly believe this is from a 97+ prelude. It even crossed my mind that this is an h22 intake manifold. I'm sorta bothered about the whole thing. I bought this manifold and cleaned it up really nice with the exception of the runners. When I noticed the water housing unit had nowhere to bolt onto I started to check out the whole assembly. When I realized the differences, I was sorta ticked off becase I bought about 4 cans of carb cleaner and i spent alot of time cleaning the whole darn thing. I did however get my hands on the black box and some vacuum lines. I also got the injector rings(soft and hard plastic ones). Is the black box the same though? What parts are the same and what parts should I trade for is my point here.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

i bought a manifold for my G23 frank swap, It had that same bolt pattern as that mani you bought, I thought it was a standard f22a manifold until i tried to bolt it up. Come to figure out it was a civic manifold. So that one with the dual runners you have is NOT an H23 mani at all, must be a h22 or something else. I will post a pic if my imposter manifold tonite.

Pull that bioytch to 7k

Comment

Working...
                              X