Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spark plugs

why are bosch bad plugs for our cars?will it harm the car?
    H23 and 5 speed swap fund- $700

nah they wont.. i had bosch platinum +2 with no problems.. but i would recommend NGK ftw.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

i've always used NGK's and never ever had any issues.... never heard of anyone having issues with bosch though either...

91 Se
      Central Texas

Comment

bosch are good but I have Ngk do not go with autolite plugs they mess up your motor

Comment

yeah the ngk's are better though I've seen a lot of ppl on here who have had the bosch burn out. And act weird...
          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Its the electrodes on the bosch. Especially the platinum 4's they spark can only travel to one electrode closest to the middle so which ever one of the 4 is the closest to the center gets the spark and the others are left doing nothing.

And they cost like 6.99 or so each, I had a set and didnt notice any big difference. I only used the bosch because they were free.

Comment

ngks are just a better plug

Comment

i always used ngk in my accord. as of right now i have a set of bosh platinum 2 seems fine. going to change to ngk for turbo. im looking for a colder spark plug soon. i used bosch platinum 2 in my civic hatch and they fouled out. car wouldnt start. changed to ngk v-power and nothing but good things.

Comment

i think the honda ignition just isnt quite powerful enough to give a good spark with the platinum 4's... ppl have issues with them at higher RPMs. nothing inherently wrong with bosch plugs in general. cant go wrong with NGK/OEM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i have bosch platinum 4's on my cb7 but also have a full msd ignition system. i have to say i noticed a difference between the NGK and Bosch. denzo was better than both but too expensive. Right now my platinum 4's have been on for well over 50k miles and i have no issues and they still look perfect. each car is different and will handle differently with different plugs
                    My members ride thread

Comment

I think there are a bunch of threads on plugs...Most seem to say go with NGK. I put a set of Autolites in my car and drove for a test drive and pulled them out when I got back. I put the older set of NGK's in and it is amazing the difference between them. The NGK's, even though they are older, make the car run a million times better. Just my 2 cents...
                      07 Kia Sportage (Her car)
                      91 Accord EX (My car)

04 BMW R1150RS (My bike)

Comment

ya I miss my old plugs now these suck ass my car feels so slow and dose not respond as fast damm bosch
                        H23 and 5 speed swap fund- $700

Comment

ngk has a nice hot plug you will feel the differents but bosch has a nice plug but go ngk

Comment

We've ran Bosch Plats (just regular plats) and NGK Plats

No problem out of either.

NGK is usually the factory recommended though

Comment

Always used OEM NGK. As for Bosch Wires they can go to hell. THey are teh suck.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X