Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My car tilts?!? What!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car tilts?!? What!?!

I keep on discovering more and more problems with my car. So far they've been relatively minor, but troubling nonetheless.

My latest "discovery," my car tilts slightly to the right/driver's side. I thought I was crazy, until I got a leveling thingy out and found that even on ground that slightly tilts to the left, my car still tilts to the right.

What the hell is this crap!!? Does anyone have this problem? Or know the solution?
    1991 Honda Accord EX (Canadian)

replace your blown shocks

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      mm agreed.
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

same problem, need to replace shocks is the answer.
        and while your at it, get performance ones b/c doing it over twice is a pain in the rear-end.
        good luck
        (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
        Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
        My (old) Ride

Comment

x3
          MYCB7.com

Comment

.....You guys suck. I hate you all so much....SO much.

Well, not really. I'm just UNEXPLETIVEINGBELIEVEABLY pissed off. I can NOT afford this.

Now, I should buy a Digi-Tally-Picture "machine" just to show you guys exactly how much the car is tillting, or conversely, how much is isn't tilting. Whatever, the bottom line is it's really not tilting thaaat much.

Here's a mental picture: You know those leveling things (found in any wood-working tool box...probably?) that have the liquid with the air bubble inside? Well I used one of those, and about 1/8 of the bubble (if that) is past the little line on the left (indicating tilt to the right hand side). But it is definitely tilted.

Does that make ANY sense? Am I completely insane and deserve a swift slap to the face?

Anywhooozze, I just need to know how long my trusty steed can function in it's current predicament before any kind of catastrophic failure occurs. Or is this more of a "your car looks totally ***, but isn't actually all that fucked" moments?

Thanks for the replies!
            1991 Honda Accord EX (Canadian)

Comment

Ok first off, stop with totally useless and random jargon.
              second, I've been riding around in mine for a few months now, and I haven't had any problems yet, but I bet my tires aren't wearing right.
              If you have the money, replace the stuff; if not just deal with it how you see fit.
              (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
              Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
              My (old) Ride

Comment

I'm pretty sure my car's lopsided...it rides fine though

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by cats_on_ice
                  .....You guys suck. I hate you all so much....SO much.

Well, not really. I'm just UNEXPLETIVEINGBELIEVEABLY pissed off. I can NOT afford this.

Now, I should buy a Digi-Tally-Picture "machine" just to show you guys exactly how much the car is tillting, or conversely, how much is isn't tilting. Whatever, the bottom line is it's really not tilting thaaat much.

Here's a mental picture: You know those leveling things (found in any wood-working tool box...probably?) that have the liquid with the air bubble inside? Well I used one of those, and about 1/8 of the bubble (if that) is past the little line on the left (indicating tilt to the right hand side). But it is definitely tilted.

Does that make ANY sense? Am I completely insane and deserve a swift slap to the face?

Anywhooozze, I just need to know how long my trusty steed can function in it's current predicament before any kind of catastrophic failure occurs. Or is this more of a "your car looks totally ***, but isn't actually all that fucked" moments?

Thanks for the replies!
                  Do I sense some sarcasm?

I say if you can't afford fixing it. Go to a junkyard and take an entire shock assembly, whether the front is fucked or the rear is fucked. Will be your cheapest route. Do the labor yourself. There is a suspension DIY on here. Good luck!
                  MYCB7.com

Comment

In addition to your shocks being worn out, your springs have probably sag a little more on the drivers side because of the 12+ years of someone sitting there all the time. It's an old car. Deal with it.
                    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

your car isnt actually all that fucked.

my LX was like that, tons of old cars are. id just deal with it until you start to actually have problems from it. shocks may not be blown, may just be worn out and wimpy... springs may have sagged like jdmcb7 said... its an old car, it happens.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
                        In addition to your shocks being worn out, your springs have probably sag a little more on the drivers side because of the 12+ years of someone sitting there all the time. It's an old car. Deal with it.
                        Haha, very true.

Do you have pictures of your car you could show?
                        MYCB7.com

Comment

Werd. Springs alos sag over time, especially cheap egay "coilovers".

- Zipcreature
                          Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

My front driver's side always looked lowered when I had the stock suspension in. When I took the stock suspension out, I had discovered that 1 spring had a curve in it, allowing that side to sit lower. The other 3 were straight. My shocks were fine, so it may be a bent/damaged spring.

It's not all that bad, it may not even be your shocks!

Dan

Comment

My car leans to the drivers side as well. Even after replacing the stock springs and struts with Eibach Pro-Kits and Tokico HPs (blues). I have no idea why, but I'm considering getting Tein SS coilovers so that I can correct it (no way would I install cheap ebay knockoffs, don't want the hassle).
                              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Working...
                              X