Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Your gas gauges and what they say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your gas gauges and what they say...

Hey guys, just wanted to get your readings on your gauges...

When I get to about 1/8" away from the "E" line and I fill up, I only put 13.5 gallons in it..

Now the manual says it holds 17, with a (don't quote me) 2.9US Gal. reserve... Is the reserve included in the 17? if not, Why is my gas gauge showing so low so fast? So people don't run out of gas or what? I mean I have an extra 100 miles or so I could be driving I guess.

What i plan on is when I get down low like I was, I'm going to carry a 5 gallon gas can with me and see what I actually get, from spewing out the top full to dead empty...

What are you guys getting per tank and what does your gas gauge show at some general mileage numbers. (EX: 3/4 of a tank I'm at roughly 125 miles.. etc...)
    93 EX Auto wagon...
    1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
    2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

let see 92 EX with H22A gets about 330 romping on it at times and just normal driving. But i drive till the light lights up and fill up around 14.5 gallons or somethin like that.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ive notice b4 my engine went my gas light would come on at almost 1/4 in my last months of the engine life

Comment

my gauge is a funny one too. I haven't run it til the light shines yet, usually just end up refueling every 12 gallons or so.

usually get about 75 miles out of the first 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch, then less as it drops... halfway point on the guage is around 175 to 185 on the trip meter... then it drops quite a bit faster. about an 1/8 of an inch from E is when I usually refuel and that's at about 265 to 285 miles. depending on driving (mostly city), ends up being on average 11 to 12 gallons.

Comment

mine likes staying on the 3 lines, and moves quick between them... itll hover above F for a while, drop quick to halfway, stay there until about 230-250 mi, then will drop to E by the time i get to 310 mi... and after that, i can push it to 360 if i run it really low while the gas light is on.

i dont trust the gauge, i rarely look at it. for almost a year the one in my car didnt even work, i always look at the trip odometer. i reset it every time i fill it up, and know when i get to 300 its time to fill it. if i dont have enough to fill the tank all the way, i know how many miles a certain amount of cash will buy me.

if you ask me where my gauge is at right now, i have no clue... but i know my odometer is at 208 miles. 2/3 empty

to be honest, i trust the idiot light more than the gauge itself.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

mine used to be accurate. i had a crash, and it doesn't seem to work right. like sometimes the light just never goes on, and the needle isn't all the way on E yet, and it feel my gear slip when i engage in second...that's when i know i better find a station fast, cause if i park it, it won't be albe to start up afterwards.

and then some other times the light does go on...but not at the same point where the needle was when it used to work.

before...my needle used to go allllllllllll the way to the bottom before my light went on, and it was still fine for about another 50km.

now i just go by mileage..with my larger witner tires i gotta fill up at around 450-480km
            and with the summers, it'll read a lil over 500 on a tank.

Comment

So what is the most gas anyone has put into their CB7 after running very low...

I mean like I said, I run to 305 miles and I put 13 gallons in it and it clicks off.. I round up to the next dollar and it usually shoves about an extra half a gallon...

Now.. That tank is 17 gallons in my wagon.. That means really pushing it I probably have 50 more miles to go... BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! I should have a 2.6 gallon reserve on top of that...

WTF? So I should theoretically be able to go 400 miles at the MPG I am getting right now.

BTW, what kind of changes did people see in their MPGs after adding a SRI.

Comment

Well its funny...with every new engine I have put in the car I have received better milage. The current setup yeilds 400 in the city with little highway and around 450 hwy. At fill up it is pumping in about 15.2 gallons roughly. Gas light comes on at red line and guage usually reads 250 at halfway.
                "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by asleepz
                  So what is the most gas anyone has put into their CB7 after running very low...

I mean like I said, I run to 305 miles and I put 13 gallons in it and it clicks off.. I round up to the next dollar and it usually shoves about an extra half a gallon...

Now.. That tank is 17 gallons in my wagon.. That means really pushing it I probably have 50 more miles to go... BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! I should have a 2.6 gallon reserve on top of that...

WTF? So I should theoretically be able to go 400 miles at the MPG I am getting right now.

BTW, what kind of changes did people see in their MPGs after adding a SRI.
                  I've kept good gas records since the beginning of 2005 so I can answer these.

The most I've put into my CB7 at one time was 14.808 gallons.

The farthest I've gone on one tank of gas was 460.5 miles. When I filled up, it took 14.65 gallons, for 31.43 MPG.

My highest MPG so far was 32.67.

I switched from stock airbox to short ram intake, then back to stock airbox (for smog), now to cold air intake. I didn't see much difference in MPG. I actually lost about 1 MPG right after I got the SRI because I was mashing the gas so much.

Almost all of my fillups (90%+) are at the same gas station and the same pump in most cases. I usually drive the car for about 400 miles between fillups. I consistently get over 30 MPG and only very rarely is it below 29 MPG.
                  - Ghosty
                  WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
                  FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

i neva trust my fuel gauge.. i fill up when gets down to 1/2

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

thats weird. 30+ mpg is amazing unless your running 55mph and never stopping. The 90 accord was rated at "I THINK" 22 city 24 highway mpg brand new. But ive gotten some great milage from mine aswell. filled it up and did nothing but higway 55-65 mph driving and a few passing zones 85-100 mph and hit 270 miles on my trip odo exactly at the halfway point on my gas guage. I usualy fill up when i have 1/4 a tank left and fill around 8 to 8.3 gal. I dont know if there is a reserve or not but I do know that with a fuel injected car you dont want to run it down to zilch or the fuel pump wont push fuel when you do add some... sorta a vapor lock situation in rare cases. This happend to me alot when i drove my Fi dodge pickup

I could be wrong, dont quote me lol.

My milage varies...Ive got 2 90 accord DXs
                      one with 192k miles on it gets 19 to 21 mpg
                      my white one with 152k miles gets 21 to 24 usualy

All i do is use my debt car at the pump and get a recept...i write down my trip odo on the recept and devide and miles by the gallons. reseting the odo as im pulling out of the gas station.

Pushing the little 2.2 harder and driving agresivly gets me very poor milage, lately ive been driving easy and not pushing it from red lights and i get great milage durring my usual everyday driving... surprises me sometimes how much further for less money i get.
                      Last edited by Akira_kj; 05-24-2006, 07:48 PM.
                      I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

The 90-93 Accords with f22a1 and f22a4s were rated at 24/30 (manual) and 22/28 (automatic). The F22a6 dropped to 22/27 (manual) and 22/28 (automatic).

I drive mostly highway miles at decently high speeds (70-75ish cruising speed). I also brake very rarely. I keep my car in good running shape.

BTW, I've been keeping track of my mileage for about 30,000 miles and my mileage is consistent based on how I drive. When I do city driving, it goes lower. When I drive strictly highway (Santa Cruz to San Diego, 450 miles on a highway without a stop) it goes up noticeably.
                        - Ghosty
                        WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
                        FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

I get usually 23 overall... Maybe I'm just still to hard on it.. I plan on doing a full tune up soon. And if that doesn't get the mileage I want I'm getting a H22 and doing a manual swap in the near future. If I'm going to get that low of MPGs I am at least going to have the power to make me happy.

Comment

Agghhhh gas annoys me...I average about 19mpg with a messed up O2 sensor (the wires are just completely disconnected from the sensor, I'm pretty sure I'm running rich now with my CEL). I've tried to drive calmly and saw that there was no difference in mileage, so I just drive how I want. My last tank was 18.64mpg but it had some 100mph+ romps and a few stoplight brawls.

I usually go from when the light first goes on to the first click at the pump...but I think the trip meter is a better indicator.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Whew! I thought I was the only one with a shifty gas guage. It's tight at F or E, but runs hard between. So I fill up between 1/2 - 1/4.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

Working...
                              X