Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best Exhuast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAiL05
    Tanabes are loud....The Apexi is silent. It depends on where you at i see plenty of people with N1's down here and they dont get pulled over.
    Which ones have you heard are loud? The Tanabe Medallion is actually about as quiet as my stock exaust if not a tad louder. Tanabe also recently came out with some newer designs which are supposedly quieter. I think one was called Touring or something like that.
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

I like the N1. I dont like DC Sports exhaust for some reason but thats just me. I wouldnt mind the N1 on my car it would look pretty clean.
      i love my DC catback, its quiet whe cruising but it will scream when i get on it

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord
        Which ones have you heard are loud? The Tanabe Medallion is actually about as quiet as my stock exaust if not a tad louder. Tanabe also recently came out with some newer designs which are supposedly quieter. I think one was called Touring or something like that.
        Tanabe Racing Medallion, DTM Medallion, and Ultra Medallion. I havent heard any of there newner designs. I mean there loud but there nice. As for the DC Sports my friend had one on his 01 civic. I agree with you it sounds like stock somewhat when cruising but when you romp on it it will get louder. I just dont like the twin loop design for some reason but thats just me.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Tanabe Racing Medallion, DTM Medallion, and Ultra Medallion. I havent heard any of there newner designs. I mean there loud but there nice. As for the DC Sports my friend had one on his 01 civic. I agree with you it sounds like stock somewhat when cruising but when you romp on it it will get louder. I just dont like the twin loop design for some reason but thats just me.
          Haven't heard those but I have the Hyper Medallion and it is quiet. I hear my engine over the exuast. It is a little louder when I get on it bit it is still quiet compared to the other ones I have heard. I don't even notice it with the turbo.
          Last edited by H23Accord; 05-08-2006, 04:40 PM.
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

apexi worldsport is quiet, i love it...

magnaflow is freaking loud and made me want to run the car off a cliff.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord
              Haven't heard those but I have the Hyper Medallion and it is quiet. I hear my engine over the exuast. It is a little louder when I get on it bit it is still quiet compared to the other ones I have heard. I don't even notice it with the turbo.
              Yea they discontinued the DTM medallion that sounded hella nice on my boys 240 before he totaled it. I havent heard the hyper medallion yet even though i think some teggies rock it around my place might have to take a closer look.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I think im going to stick with the greddy evo 2. I hear good things about it. Anybody know if it has good gains in hp. Sounds cool?
                98 Accord Coupe V6

Comment

the Greddy exhaust is goin to get you in trouble dude. Alot of people i know that have gotten that exhaust, haev kicked it off, cuz of it being to ugly for the car. and Nails tanabe has a new touring and concept g exhaust that they came out with within the last few months.
                  1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
                  2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
                  3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
                  Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
                  Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

well i know how it looks.im fin wit that. but does it sound and performe good?
                    98 Accord Coupe V6

Comment

Yes it performs good and sounds good. I dunno where the dude above you got GReddy exhausts get you in trouble. There like 49 State legal or something and come with the sticker especially if your in Cali. Personally i think the Greddy Evo looks good. its designed that way for lowered vehicles so you dont scratch the shit out of your can. Id get it. Proven power gains and looks good
                      Last edited by NAiL05; 05-09-2006, 10:13 PM.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I run a Magnflow dual tip. 2.25 in piping from the cat on back. Sounds great. I hae a pic of my muffler on my members ride page.
                        90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
                        Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

Big guy, they so give an increase in power, but what is going to say is that police look out for that stuff on cars. I have some leeway with some staff on the force. They dont care if you have the paper, they will try anything to get you in trouble. Any with two bazooka cans sitting off the back, they are(garanteed) goin to pull you over cause it is not stock. Just look on horsepowerfreaks.com for some stuff.
                          1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
                          2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
                          3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
                          Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
                          Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

i just ordered and i have heard the apexi world sport II. they have a nice deep tone and the look near stock. just my .02
                            it's been a while but i'm back!!

Comment

Originally posted by 90cb7beast
                              i just ordered and i have heard the apexi world sport II. they have a nice deep tone and the look near stock. just my .02
                              mine dosnt sound very deep but its still a sexy sound, and it dosnt look that stock but its also not fartcan size.
                              ..[CB7][STAR]..
                              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X